PC Applications forum

General discussion

Partition not accessible

by dacodaxx / April 20, 2010 1:33 PM PDT

one of the partition of my harddisk is not accessible file is corrupted and unreadable. Do you know any software that can fix this without losing my files in it?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Partition not accessible
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Partition not accessible
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Amos16 / April 20, 2010 5:09 PM PDT

Hello - there is a program called recuva (Piriform.com). If it does not work for you, try googling for "how to take ownership of inaccessible partition"/ Good luck - Amos

Collapse -
If Recuva doesn't work ...
by Kees Bakker / April 20, 2010 5:20 PM PDT

try other data recovery programs like GETDATABACK or ZERO ASSUMPTION RECOVERY. Or pay a professional company for their magic tricks.

Success not guaranteed at all. That's why we backup.


Collapse -
To the poster called "DuvetComforter". Post deleted.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / April 22, 2010 9:02 PM PDT

I deleted your post. The link you gave has nothing to do with this discussion, so I treated it as spam advertising.


Collapse -
recover the files by data recovery software
by qhd_lidah / May 12, 2010 10:27 AM PDT

Do not format the partition.
You may recover the files in it by some data recovery software. I suggest diskgenius(www.dgisok.com).

Popular Forums
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
Laptops 20,090 discussions
Security 30,722 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
Phones 16,252 discussions
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

Finding the best 360 camera

GoPro, Pixpro, or Ricoh?

You can spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a 360-degree camera. We tested three of them to find out what kind of quality and ease of use you can expect at each price point.