PC Applications forum

General discussion

Parsons Technology Address Book 5.0 - ptsaab32.dll

by llawwill / January 22, 2005 1:50 PM PST

I was running version 5.0 last month and changed the op sys to XP Pro and lost several dll files in the process. One of those lost was ptsaab32.dll and when I tried to restart 5.0 - it wouldn't go. If anyone has access to the install of 5.0 I would greatly appreciate it. I got 4.0 and it helped restore most of the data but not all.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Parsons Technology Address Book 5.0 - ptsaab32.dll
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Parsons Technology Address Book 5.0 - ptsaab32.dll
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I would ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 22, 2005 3:46 PM PST

Find such on the install media or CD.

Maybe your story isn't complete?

Collapse -
my story...
by llawwill / January 23, 2005 10:53 AM PST
In reply to: I would ...

My story is complete - if I understand you. I do not have the original install disk for 5.0 I do have it for 3.0 and now for 4.0 but I do not have anything for 5.0 I'm not sure what you intend here. I just want to get the software again so I can retrieve my data. Like I said, I got much/maybe most of it back with the help from 4.0 Do you or anyone else have 5.0 or info about getting it?

Collapse -
Parson's Address Book
by geordyboy71 / March 2, 2005 11:00 PM PST
Collapse -
Re: ptsaab32.dll
by Lady777J / March 9, 2005 6:01 AM PST

Was wondering if you had found this dll file or if you're still in need of it? I am willing to email you the file if that's what you are in need of.

Collapse -
by sylviahead / March 25, 2005 11:42 AM PST
In reply to: Re: ptsaab32.dll

Hi, I noticed your response and as wondering if you had PTSAABDB.DLL? I would greatly appreciate it if you would email me this since I can't open my Parson Tech Address Book 7.0. I thought all I had to do was copy it from ME to XP but now I can't open any of my address files. Thanx!

Collapse -
Humm... ??? No Address :(
by glenn30 / March 25, 2005 10:30 PM PST
In reply to: PTSAABDB.DLL

I have this file in Address Book 6.0. Unable to send with no e-mail address.

Do not post here but you can reach me through the forum e-mail system.

Best of luck,

Collapse -
Parson Address Book
by EricBez / April 10, 2005 9:21 AM PDT
In reply to: PTSAABDB.DLL

Hi I'm also looking to restore my parson address book. I ve lost the installation disk can someone please email me xwarlock27x@yahoo.com installation disk i need to get into my adrees book.... thanks

Collapse -
I can't begin to count the number of posts about this
by glb613 / April 10, 2005 9:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Parson Address Book

program. So I have to ask, what is so special about Parson's Address Book? Until I started reading this forum, I'd never heard of it.

Collapse -
Address Book
by cabledude / May 5, 2005 5:11 AM PDT

Have read your message on Cnet and need the file.......... ptsaabdb.dll.

Would appreciate it if you could send it to me.

Collapse -
by Harley Green / May 12, 2005 10:53 AM PDT

I noticed that you offered to supply the ptsaab32.dll to another person. Would you also be able to supply it to me. I am having the same problem that the other person had. I really would appreciate it so that I can recover my data. Thank you

Collapse -
Parsons Technology ADDRESS BOOK
by KECinLA / May 18, 2005 4:33 AM PDT

Have lost hard drive. I am needing a copy of address book with ptsaab32.dll to be able to recover my address. this is verry important to me. if any one can sell me a copy please let me know.

Collapse -
by tarsus1david / June 18, 2005 3:44 AM PDT

I just got the latest updates from microsoft and My addressbook is now saying I need this file. Could you please e-mail it to me.

God Bless
Dave W

Collapse -
Dave, if you still need...
by glenn30 / June 18, 2005 5:02 AM PDT
In reply to: PTSAABDB.dll

that file, I have it in Address Book 6 and is 49kb. My CNet E-mail button is open. If needed send me your e-mail address for me to send it. Your CNet e-mail option is not activated... couldn't send attachment through CNet anyway. Good luck!

Collapse -
by tarsus1david / July 3, 2005 12:30 AM PDT

yes I still need it. my e-mail is dwinterbottom@mn.rr.com

Thanks &
God Bless
Dave W

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Parsons Technology
by Charlie Mac / March 10, 2005 3:36 AM PST
Collapse -
Parsons Technology Address Book
by rozeebe / March 13, 2005 4:36 AM PST

In searching for Parsons Technology Address Book, I noticed your January request. Did you get any help? I also lost my Address Book Setup Disk. Although mine was for 3.0, I would be willing to upgrade and even purchase a copy. Can you help me?

Collapse -
Parsons Addr Book
by jabarrios / March 26, 2005 8:22 AM PST

I found an old copy of Parsons Address Book 3.0 .
Its a single setup floopy. If anyone needs it, I could pass it on.

Collapse -
by dawwn / April 2, 2005 10:01 AM PST
In reply to: Parsons Addr Book

jabarrios ~
if you haven't passed that floppy on i could use it. i have my old address book from parsons but the program went away 2 computers ago. i would love to access that address book again.

Collapse -
Conatct me
by jabarrios / April 5, 2005 3:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Parsons

Here's my email addr - jabarrios@cox.net

Collapse -
ptsaab32.dll can be downloaded from here
by TONI H / May 18, 2005 5:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
I forgot about the filter...here it is
by TONI H / May 18, 2005 5:28 AM PDT

so copy and paste it to your address bar.....You also need to register at the site to get it.

Collapse -
Parsons Technology Address Book
by KECinLA / May 23, 2005 8:55 AM PDT

could you pass on that address where Parsons Technology Address Book can be aquired. I have followed many leads but have not aquired any copys.

Collapse -
Parsons Technology Address Book 5.0
by KECinLA / May 23, 2005 8:42 AM PDT

We have much data in Parsons Technology Address Book 4.0. We Lost our hard drive but was able to recover our data files. Now we need to find converters or another copy of Parsons Technology Address Book 4.0. Can you tell me where you got your copy of Parsons Technology Address Book 4.0. Or can I get a copy of your copy.

I will Thank You now for any help or suggestions you can offer

Best Regards
Kent Cook

Collapse -
addressbook 7
by tarsus1david / June 18, 2005 3:42 AM PDT

I can send you a copy but it doesn't have the file PTSAABDB.dll you'll still need to get that like me.

Collapse -
Address Book 6.0/7.0
by rschick / June 28, 2005 4:57 PM PDT
In reply to: addressbook 7

Same story different person. Switched to Windows XP and now can not open my old Address Book 3.0 and have lost the install disk. Does anyone have a copy of 6.0 or 7.0 that will work with XP I can buy? E-mail schick21@cox.net.

Collapse -
Need Address Book DLLs
by Norm Harrold / June 30, 2005 9:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Address Book 6.0/7.0

I found this forum by a Google search. I recently had to rebuild my HD and, in the process, apparently lost several DLLs that are needed so that I can re-install my Parsons Address Book 2.5. I went to the URL provided by Toni, but the file she referenced was not available there. The two DLLs that I need are:

If anyone can email these files to me, please send them to me at nharrold@frontiernet.net. In addition, if you can tell me where I should put them on the HD, I'd appreciate that very much. (I still have the 2.5 install floppy.)

Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.