PC Applications forum

General discussion

Parsons Address Book 7.0

by Manny2c / July 1, 2005 9:58 AM PDT

I want to generate a Personal Phone Book, but I find that the program is incompatible to my computer or printer or both. I'm able to print all pages, but they don't come out in the proper order
I have a pentium based HP Pavillon model 7955 computer with Windows XP Professional operating system. My printer is an HP Deskjet model 6840.
I currently have about 200 names in my phone book.
Any chance of exporting all these names to an appropriate program?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Parsons Address Book 7.0
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Parsons Address Book 7.0
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
try this...
by jackintucson / July 1, 2005 11:06 AM PDT

Don't get mad if I cover some already covered ground <grin>. Read the user manual on printing pages. Make sure you use "page setup" and preview it. You might be able to "save as" to a better formatable file type but I doubt it. You might also "print to file" and look at that with a text editor. I don't know of any issues with your printer. Stuff like this is usually a setup problem. Hope this helps a little.

and life goes on...

Jack

Collapse -
Address Book 7.0
by Manny2c / July 2, 2005 4:19 AM PDT
In reply to: try this...

Thanks for your tips. I've tried all of the above and then some, no luck.
Printing a Phone Book with Address Book 7.0 is always a challenge. It's great when you get through all the issues.

Collapse -
Tesc Support
by rschick / July 1, 2005 4:12 PM PDT

There is still some limited tech support for address Book 7.0 at http://support.broderbund.com. If you still have your install disk I would like to buy a copy.I installed XP on my computer and now my old copy of Address book 3.0 will not open. Contact me thru the c-net profile area.

Collapse -
Address Book 7.0
by Manny2c / July 2, 2005 3:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Tesc Support

I have my original disk for Address Book 7.0 but I don't know how to make you a copy. You can have a copy free if there's a way to do this.
Manny

Collapse -
Hmmmm.....
by jackintucson / July 2, 2005 5:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Address Book 7.0

I don't think CNET would appreciate you folks talking about infringing on a copyright on their forums. Unless you know V.7 to be free to the public.

and life goes on...

Jack

Collapse -
Copies of Address Book
by rschick / July 2, 2005 9:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Hmmmm.....

The manufacturer of this program has chosen to discontinue production some time ago. At this time I would not see any copywrite problems since this was their choise and they have all but stopped tech support.

Collapse -
not necessarily so....
by jackintucson / July 3, 2005 12:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Copies of Address Book

unless Parsons publicly announces that v7 is now freeware, i.e. on there website, the software is still protected under copyright. Best to write an email requesting copyright status. Both parties, giver and receiver, could be held liable. I'm getting too old to not be safe than sorry. But do as you wish. Thought you should know.

and life goes on...

Jack

Collapse -
copyrights
by Manny2c / July 3, 2005 4:40 AM PDT
In reply to: not necessarily so....

Good info. thanks. I should have known better.
Manny

Collapse -
Where can I get Parsons Address Book 7?
by Don Schmidt / July 7, 2005 7:23 AM PDT

I've been using version 6.0a and I would like to get version 7. Anyone know where I might get a copy?

Don
Vancouver, USA

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.