E-readers forum

General discussion

Pandigital white ereader questions

by raecarr / November 6, 2010 11:29 PM PDT

Received my new Pandigital ereader and love it. However the customer service is less than desirable. I have sent several emails with no response. The user guide does not explain how to download books from anywhere but Barnes and Noble. I would like to download from my public library (adobe format) There is a quick start for Adobe ebooks, but I can't find any instructions for it. Also, I can delete bookmarks while reading, but in the browser there is not a check box to do the same -(instructions say there should be) Anybody have more info on this ereader? Thanks for your help. Rae

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pandigital white ereader questions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pandigital white ereader questions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Adobe
by tcwest2 / November 8, 2010 2:31 AM PST

The Pandigital user's guide actually has information regarding adobe books. I was able to successfully upload books from my public library. You will first need to download the digital version of Adobe to your computer. Once downloaded, the setup will ask if you want to authorize the computer. In order to transfer books from your computer to the Novel, you will have to establish a free adobe account and authorize both the computer and the Novel. After that you just drag the titles of the book to the Novel. I believe the instructions start on page 56 of the user guide.

Collapse -
Pandigital ereader Adobe
by raecarr / November 8, 2010 6:31 AM PST
In reply to: Adobe

Thanks for your response. I do have Adobe Digital Editions on my computer and have authorized the ereader. Books from library show up in the ADE on pc, but not on the ereader. I did drag the files to several folders on the ereader - but no luck.

Collapse -
Pandigital eReader
by raecarr / November 8, 2010 12:04 PM PST

I figured it out. I was dragging the files from my pc and they should be dragged from within ADE. That certainly isn't clear in the UG. How come in adobe books you can not use the bookmark function? And also, when you restart the book, it doesn't opem where you left off - like from your bookshelf? 2nd issue, I can delete bookmarks while reading, but in the browser there is not a check box to do the same -(instructions say there should be). Thanks again for your help.....

Collapse -
Pandigital eReader
by Vgal210 / November 9, 2010 11:31 AM PST
In reply to: Pandigital eReader

I also am having a hard time downloading books from my library. I am receiving an error when trying to authorize. Could you please walk me through how to drag the book files from the ADE to the Pandigital.

Collapse -
Pandigital ereader Adobe Digital Editions
by raecarr / November 9, 2010 10:33 PM PST

If you have already authorized your ereader - connect your ereader to your pc and skip to step 4....

To authorize a supported eBook device using an Adobe ID?
1. Connect the eBook device to your computer.
2. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
Adobe Digital Editions launches and detects the eBook device. The 'Device Setup Assistant' dialog box is displayed.
3. Click 'Authorize Device'.
Adobe Digital Editions activates the eBook device. You can now transfer DRM-protected Adobe eBooks to the device.
4. You now see your reader show up in the column on the left of ADE, under ?recently read?
5. drag the files from the ADE shelf to your eReader.
Note that both Adobe Digital Editions and the eBook device must be activated with the same Adobe ID to transfer DRM-protected Adobe eBooks to the device.

Collapse -
Receiving an error message
by kilika7 / December 27, 2010 4:58 AM PST

I have a B&N acct and have downloaded a book onto the pandigital ereader for my daughter. When I go onto my iPhone, the book is there on my library and opens up perfectly. However, when we go onto the Pandigital library, it states that the book downloaded successfully but then when i try to open it, it comes up WARNING, "Can't read. The file may be damaged". Help! what step am i missing?

thanks!

Collapse -
If this is the same model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 27, 2010 5:13 AM PST

We looked for manuals and support and it looks grim. I think returning these may be a good idea.
Bob

Collapse -
Pandigital eReader
by reggieroyale / December 26, 2010 7:41 AM PST

I see how to drag the files from within the ADE. But I have no Pandigital icon. Where do I drag them to? Should I have synced up the reader with my PC first somehow? I did the authorization and it was successful.

Collapse -
It appears this reader is not ready for the market.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 26, 2010 7:45 AM PST

No manual, no support.

Get your money back.
Bob

Collapse -
files
by raecarr / December 27, 2010 7:23 AM PST

when you connect the Pandigital and open ADE, click on the multiple books icon at top left of ADE and you will see the Pandigital listed below --just drag the book to the Pandigital icon

Collapse -
My Mistake!
by reggieroyale / December 27, 2010 10:22 AM PST
In reply to: files

The books were on my Pandigital Novel eReader - I just wasn't looking in the right place! It all worked just as it was suppose to.

Collapse -
Users Guide
by herbbaird / November 28, 2010 10:54 PM PST

I received a Pandigital 7" eBook as a gift and look forword to its potential. How do I get a users guide? I have to read online, and that is not practicle. Thanks, herbbaird@hotmail.com

Collapse -
Didn't find one.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 29, 2010 12:43 AM PST
In reply to: Users Guide
Collapse -
same problems with black pandigital
by mwereader / December 28, 2010 8:32 AM PST

I followed the instructions in the user guide and when I open Adobe Digital Edition and connect my ereader to the computer, it is listed as an authorized device and I can drag a book to it, and ON THE PC it looks like the book is now in my ereader (it shows all the other books in my library, plus the one I copied using ADE).

But it is not in "My Library". Using the directions in the user guide, I tapped on the date/title/author prompts in My Library and there should be a drop down listing Adobe (or "ADE", not sure) but there is not.

I also cannot download the firmware update at the pandigital site, and of course I can't get them on the phone and they are not responding to email. I have tried the download 7 times now, and each time it gets hung up and eventually my Windows 7 message comes on telling me there is an unsolvable problem and they will close the program.

Any ideas? Or is this a piece of junk I need to just return? I only want it if I can read books from my library on it. Thanks.

Collapse -
library
by raecarr / December 28, 2010 11:08 AM PST

The book will be in the Adobe books on the second view from Home page icons at the bottom of your screen. Only books from B&N show in the Library.
Downloads have to go to your pc and then transferred to the ereader or they can be downloaded to a memory card inserted in the ereader.

Collapse -
Explaination Please
by lilyyy_y / January 5, 2011 1:47 AM PST
In reply to: library

I'm having trouble understanding where this, "The book will be in the Adobe books on the second view from Home page icons at the bottom of your screen" is located on my e-reader. Is there supposed to be an Adobe icon on the e-reader after connecting the e-reader to my PC via USB?

Thanks!

Collapse -
library
by raecarr / January 5, 2011 5:11 AM PST
In reply to: Explaination Please

At the bottom of your ereader where it has icons for Home,Reader,My Library, Music, Videos etc, you can scroll to a second screen of icons that includes one for Adobe eBooks. If you do not still understand - email me at reacarr@hotmail.com and I will send a picture of what I mean.

Collapse -
Thanks
by lilyyy_y / January 5, 2011 8:09 AM PST

Thank you so much! That solved my problem.

Collapse -
Help me too!
by huckster307 / January 30, 2011 3:38 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks

I dont see the icon for Adobe books on my ereader Sad I scrolled to the second screen and nothing is there for Adobe.

Collapse -
Adobe books
by raecarr / January 30, 2011 5:25 AM PST
In reply to: Help me too!

If you have updated - the Adobe books is gone and you can view your books in the B&N library. I might mention that no where did it say that Adobe ebooks was going to disappear and to reload your books and they will be in the B&N library!! Alsop, after the upgrade (1-14)my bookmarks no longer work. I select the bookmark and it just says loading but never does and then I can not get out of the menu - have to shut down and restart! I loved this thing, but it is so frustrating without ANY customer service from Pandigital.

Collapse -
Help
by huckster307 / January 30, 2011 9:14 PM PST
In reply to: Adobe books

When I connect my PD reader to my pc, the "borrowed" book shows up in PD reader(it shows it on the Adobe Digital Edition). However, it does not show up in my library on the actual ereader itself, only when I open the Adobe Edition. I have emailed them several times, but no response.

Collapse -
Adobe books
by raecarr / January 30, 2011 11:08 PM PST
In reply to: Help

You have to connect your ereader to your computer, open ADE...you will see the ereader show up in the left side of ADE. Then drag your book to the ereader icon. Now when you disconnect your ereader - the book will show up ...

Collapse -
Help
by huckster307 / January 30, 2011 11:23 PM PST
In reply to: Adobe books

I did that (dragged the book) but it doesn't show in my library after I disconnect it. It's crazy.

Collapse -
by hackedoff404 / March 1, 2011 6:49 AM PST
In reply to: Help

To repeat from a previous reply, ADM books do NOT show up in the library. You have to click on the Adobe Books icon to access books downloaded (or copied) through Adobe Digital Editions. At least your reader still works. I foolishly applied the upgrade to make it an ipad and now cannot access ANY of my ebooks (or any of the "enhanced" functions for that matter). In effect, the upgrade turned my ereader into digital picture frame. No help from Pandigital, of course. It's a shame. I really likeed the damn thing before they tried to make it "better".

Collapse -
memory cards??
by daniwulf521 / May 26, 2012 8:12 AM PDT

How do i put books onto a memory card from my ereader?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.