HDTV Picture Setting forum

General discussion

Panasonic TC-P54S1 picture settings

by katzmaier CNET staff/forum admin / December 10, 2009 2:19 AM PST

Review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p54s1/4505-6482_7-33490534.html

Related products:
Panasonic TC-P58S1
Panasonic TC-P65S1

Below you'll find the settings we found best for viewing the TC-P54S1 in a dark room via the HDMI input with a 1080p, film-based source. Your settings may vary depending on source, room conditions, and personal preference. Check out the Picture settings and calibration FAQ for more information.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996461-1.html

--Picture menu
Picture mode: Cinema
Contrast: +100
Brightness: +63
Color: +32
Tint: +3
Sharpness: 0
Color temp: Warm
C.A.T.S.: Off
Video NR: Off
Zoom adjustments: [grayed out]

-Advanced picture submenu
3D Y/C filter: [grayed out]
Color matrix: [grayed out]
MPEG NR: Off
Black level: Light
HD Size: Size 2
H size: [grayed out]

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic TC-P54S1 picture settings
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic TC-P54S1 picture settings
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Green cast is a big problem
by redwolf4k / December 15, 2009 7:27 AM PST

I wish you guys still did SM offsets and tweaks. The performance of this set is really ruined by the green cast in the picture. Having owned a 60u and 75u Panasonic Plasma, I would say this set looks terrible as far as colors go. Not because of the green color decoding problem, but because of the green cast due to the white balance or grayscale (or whatever the source of the problem is).

Anyone have any suggestions? I've never felt a professional calibration was necessary with my last two Panasonics, so its a bit disapointing to have to consider one.

Collapse -
Green cast picture?
by entropy007 / December 22, 2009 8:45 AM PST

I heard that this model had this problem. I just purchased one and see nothing of a green cast. What is this referring to?

Collapse -
58" vs. 42" contrast settings
by buckchester / December 18, 2009 3:14 AM PST

Why would the picture settings for the 58" S1 be different from the 42" S1? For example, I think CNET recommends a 58 contrast on the 42", but a 100 contrast on the 58". Don't thee TVs have identical panels? Why would the size of the panel alone produce such a drastically different contrast recommendation?

Collapse -
Panasonic TC-P54S1 Settings
by gedalneil / January 30, 2010 10:11 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.