TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Panasonic TC-P50G10 wireless signal

by ralee2511 / June 14, 2009 1:28 AM PDT

I'm looking for a source I can use to get a wireless signal to my new Panasonic TC-P50G10. Best Buy suggests getting the Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Gaming Adapter WGA600N - bridge. He said it will work with my Netgear wireless router. Any suggestions? He also suggested to get it online I could find a better deal. Any suggestions where to find the best deal.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic TC-P50G10 wireless signal
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic TC-P50G10 wireless signal
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
look at the reveiw
by gabereyes / June 14, 2009 12:48 PM PDT

I think they covered this in the review for this model, but I dont know for sure.

good luck
gabe

Collapse -
No information
by ralee2511 / June 17, 2009 1:06 PM PDT
In reply to: look at the reveiw

The reveiw doesn't go into any detail something I was looking for in hopes someone has already is using on their Panasonic. The reveiw states:Panasonic regrettably does not include wireless capability nor does it sell a wireless dongle, although, according to the company, third-party wireless bridges or powerline adapters will work fine.

Collapse -
Hit AVS forum for that info (n/t)
by Pepe7 / June 18, 2009 7:36 AM PDT
In reply to: No information

n/t

Collapse -
People always tell me not to ask question, but ...
by ahtoi / June 18, 2009 6:38 PM PDT
In reply to: No information

just answer them. But again I have to ask; what do you want the tv to do (wirelessly). Most of the time, the tv is wired to some device that maybe wireless (such as a media player or such).

Collapse -
Viera cast is why
by givemeaname / June 18, 2009 10:21 PM PDT

YouTube, Amazon VOD, some online photo comp, weather & stocks + tv software updates.

You don't need a N router... they are just trying to make more money off you because then you would have to update every other wireless thing in your house. Just get a matching wireless bridge that goes with your router you have now.

Anyway how do you like your new TV? I ordered the 54g10 but it does not get here until the 24th Sad

Collapse -
I have my answer.
by ralee2511 / September 27, 2009 6:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Viera cast is why

I was able to get the Linksys Game Adapter to work with my 50G10 and it is wonderful. I was able to download HD programs from Amazon.com, send pictures to Picasa3, upload to my G10 and veiwed our recent vacation pictures with the wife. You know the old saying " if the wife's happy everything is good at home". Well she is pleased with the big screen. I think the Panasonic Viera is everything I hoped for and then some. I'm already thinking on adding to my collection and getting the next version up from the G10.

Collapse -
Panasonic TC-P50G10 wireless
by jmarsltd / June 18, 2009 7:55 PM PDT

I just ordered a P46G10 and was thinking about the same thing. Wireless to TV. I have a 2Wire Router for my wireless laptop. I have a desktop w/o wireless and purchased a very small adapter (from 2Wire) that plugs into USB port of my desktop. Check with your Router mfg., they may have or soon have a similar device. Check the local electronics store also. Will depend if the TV input is powered, if not then there should be a plug in (120 volt) wireless device. Let me know, I'll be looking in about a week.

Collapse -
Panasonic TC-P50G10
by ralee2511 / June 19, 2009 11:25 AM PDT

I am pleased with the Panasonic TC-P50G10. Not sure I agree with the bad comment by CNET. Of course it might be because the picture is so pure that it's difficult to detect. I am however Wowed by the picture quality and CNET is right when they say the black level is the best on the market and affordable. I am happy I made this decision and I am looking forward to completing my Home Theater system. I am looking for a 7.1 A/V system with some bells and whistles a PS3 for my Blue Ray player and sit back and watch the fireworks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.