Camcorders forum

General discussion

Panasonic SDR-H40 camcoder & VideoCam Suite 1.0.

by sajed81 / July 24, 2008 9:39 PM PDT

I can't reinstall Panasonic Videocam Suite. I understood something in my registry from my previous installation prevent this installation. I've already deleted related (?videocamsuite?, ?Panasonic?, ?Matshita?) registry entries manually and used several registry cleaning programs to clean up registries. Every time I try to install, it comes with same error msg. I don?t have any problem to reinstall any other program in my XP. I haven't mind to leave this hopeless videosuite but, Windows Movie Maker, Nero, Ulead can not detect the Panasonic SDR-H40, though the camcoder has been recognized by my Computer. I won't bother to leave this video suite if I would find any plug-in for WMM or Nero to detect my HDD Camcorder. How can I reinstall Panasonic Videocam suite or, how could make my Camcoder recognize by WMM or Nero?
Error msg "Please restart PC to complete the previous uninstallation. Try again after restart. The installation will be terminated.?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic SDR-H40 camcoder & VideoCam Suite 1.0.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic SDR-H40 camcoder & VideoCam Suite 1.0.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Panasonic SDR-H40 camcoder & VideoCam Suite 1.0. - errors
by ljhyde / August 13, 2008 8:02 PM PDT

I too have the problem Error msg "Please restart PC to complete the previous uninstallation. Try again after restart. The installation will be terminated.? with the Panasonic SDR-H40 camcoder & VideoCam Suite 1.0. install. HAve you been able to resolve this - what other video suits are there that I could use instead?

Collapse -
Panasonic SDR-H40 camcoder
by sajed81 / August 14, 2008 6:32 PM PDT

Still I haven't got any solution yet. No other video suite does (other than that VideoCam Suite) able to upload the movie from Panasonic camcoder.

Collapse -
Just noting.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 14, 2008 10:08 PM PDT
Collapse -
solution is:
by sdasoju / September 22, 2008 3:37 AM PDT

I found the same problem on my computer, when i reinstall the operating system with formatting (cleaning up the hard disk and installing fresh copy of the operating system) can help you.

Try this one. If you need any help how to format your system let me know.

Collapse -
by ljhyde / September 22, 2008 1:52 PM PDT
In reply to: solution is:

I have reinstalled windows but that didn't sort it. Wasn't so keen to reformat drive as have to much work stuff that would need to be reinstalled/setup.. Was hoping to find anotehr software package to do teh job - even prepared to buy one.. I dealt with Panasonic tec support here in NZ - and they couldn't figure it out and gave up..

Collapse -
by sajed81 / September 22, 2008 4:22 PM PDT

I've also talked to Panasonic tec support in NZ, they blamed Microsoft & seems doesn't have any solution. Definitely it is a disturbing limitation of the camcoder not to detect by any other applications, depends only on factory software.

Collapse -
tech support
by sdasoju / September 23, 2008 2:30 AM PDT

Even I talked to tech support, they didn't help me much because it is not the fault in their software, you have to wipe up your hard drive by formatting and reinstall the operating system and install the videocam suite software. Then you won't see that error. It worked for me, because i was also so frustated because of that error. I tried so many things before i did formatting my system. Formatting and reinstalling doesn't take much time.

Collapse -
How to Reformat a Dell Computer with Microsoft Windows XP
by sdasoju / September 23, 2008 2:35 AM PDT

How to Reformat a Dell Computer with Microsoft Windows XP
Just because a computer is older, does not have to mean you should recycle it. Dell computers are a hearty bunch, and with some TLC you can make them function faster, like they did when you first purchased it. If you have your original XP CD and this guide, this is all you need to start the process.
Instructions
Things You?ll Need:
Dell Computer (PC)
Microsoft Windows XP
Time
Internet Access
How to reformat a dell computer with Microsoft Windows XP
Step1 Unplug all external devices such printer, digital camera, MP3 music player, or any other device attached to your computer..
Step2 Place your Dell Windows XP reinstallation CD (usually purple or blue) in the disk drive. (Either CD or DVD drive will do).

Restart your computer to get into the Windows XP setup screen. Hit the F12 key immediately when the computer screen starts back up.
Step3 Then, select option 4. (Boot from CD)

NOTE: Press the space bar right away or Windows will start up and you will have to repeat these first three steps.
Step4 You should get a blue screen that deals with SETUP. In that screen, hit the F8 key and do not try the repair option. We are going for a clean install. Then hit the ESC key in the corner.
Step5 Choose partition __ (usually the larger one),
(d) for delete (not the FAT32, only NTFS choice with the highest volume on it).
Hit enter to execute your choice.
Step6 Press L to complete, and C to create.
Step7 Select "new raw format" (Quick format) will work just fine.
Step8 Proceed to Windows setup screen as directed. Remember, you only want 1 partition.
Step9 You will go to Windows screen where it states "setup is copying files" on your computer. It will take just about an hour to get through this Windows setup on your Dell (or less).
Step10 Then the computer will restart automatically and warns you ahead of time.
Step11 You will see the screen "preparing installation." Once Windows is ready to be set up, follow the on-screen setup prompts for the Internet, time zone, and other customizations. You should not have to register with Microsoft since you already have.
Step12 You will also have to reinstall any device drivers using the blue Dell support CD if they are not installed properly such as Network cards, wireless internet, USB driver, sound card and more. Always test your computer to make sure these are functioning properly.

Collapse -
How to Reformat a Dell Computer with Microsoft XP
by ljhyde / September 23, 2008 7:34 AM PDT

Thanks for this - when I get a spare weekend will have to work through it. The real nuisance is I only brought the Dell machine in April this year and have had a number of problems related to memory etc - hence why I reinstalled windows.. The videocam suite software installed fine on my old IBM - but is rather slow..

Collapse -
you are welcome.
by sdasoju / September 23, 2008 10:31 AM PDT

You are welcome, and i advise it is worth try before you buy new video cam. let me know if you have any questions.

Collapse -
Different software is solution
by fparton / January 5, 2009 12:20 AM PST

Same problems as everyone that probably has one of these cameras and not the exact computer the software was designed to run on. I got NERO DVD burn software and am now able to see the camera hard drive and recognize my videos. I have Windows XP but as long as you get the right NERO software your troubles will probably be forgotten. After learning of doing it like this I'm really glad the Panasonic software didn't work because I'm sure I have a much better handle on how I want my videos burned to DVD.

Collapse -
Solved
by PluueeR / April 21, 2009 1:55 AM PDT

My dad had the same problem with the software. A message stating the Service Pack version is not support. And after ignoring another message appeared about a previous installation which was not uninstalled completely.

I noticed that in his user profile (C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp) the whole setup software for VideoCam Suite was deployed multiple times. I emptied this directory as well as C:\Windows\Temp. And now the software installs.

What a piece of junk Happy Hope this works for you as well.

Collapse -
Videocam suite 1.0.
by vivica26 / July 19, 2009 11:13 PM PDT

I too have the SDR-H40 model and have been on the phone waiting for hours for help from Panasonic, (this was over days and days) emailing, phoning and still no real person to talk with. I have the exact same message coming up each time I try to install my CD. No one seems to be able to or want to help from the company. I have a tech savy nephew try to help and he is also at a loss. Any other suggestions?

Collapse -
SDR-H40 ot Recognised by VideoCamSuite
by Douglas Adams / December 13, 2009 4:46 AM PST

My apologies as this has probably already been aired many times but, having recorded a number of videos on my H40 (I have ... I can see them!), whatever I try , VideoCamSuite refuses to recognise that the camera exists. My PC can see it and recognise it, but not this software. Before I throw something at the window, am I doing something very silly/wrong? I won't mind being told. Many thanks Doug Adams

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.