TVs & Home Theaters

Question

Panasonic Plasma TC-P42C2 does not power up at all

by barryj341 / October 30, 2012 5:34 AM PDT

I have read other posts and they discuss blinking red lights, I have no power light at all. No indication the set is on. I have tested the outlet. The power button does not power up and the remote does not power up. I have unplugged the set wated an hour and plugged it back in, still nothing. Does anyone have a site I can go to for help or is the a class action against Panasonic or what part do I need to replace, HELP I will never buy another TV from Panasonic.....

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic Plasma TC-P42C2 does not power up at all
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic Plasma TC-P42C2 does not power up at all
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
I think this model started shipping mid-2010
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 30, 2012 6:04 AM PDT

So the usual 2 year warranty may still apply. Your post seems to come out swinging which can send help away rather than to you.
Bob

Collapse -
Panasonic Plasma TC-P42C2 does not power up at all
by barryj341 / October 30, 2012 9:42 AM PDT

I guess my frustration is showing, I need help, I didn't mean to scare off people, thanks for the advise. I have not been able to find my warranty but since you say there is a 2 year warranty I will look harder. Thanks

Collapse -
Good to read this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 31, 2012 1:59 AM PDT

I think you should try AVSFORUM as well since there are more folk that dive into TV repairs. I'm an old hand at many electronic repairs but as I don't see a ready service manual could not supply that in a reply. Maybe someone at AVSFORUM has it.

Sorry about the come out swinging advice. That is, I usually get beat up for writing that but I think you get the idea and are ready to post again on the forum I noted.
Bob

Collapse -
Warranty Update
by barryj341 / October 31, 2012 10:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Good to read this.

Well as luck would have it I found my purchase invoice and it is dated 10/2/10 but I did purchase the 2 year extended warranty. Unfortunately the company I bought the TV from (6th Ave Electronics) went out of business and so did my warranty.

Thanks for helping,l posting on AVSFORUM now looking for assistance.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.