TVs & Home Theaters forum

Panasonic P50UT50A Thick Black Vertical Line

by Rob31267 / December 8, 2012 7:17 AM PST

Hi there,

I have a Panasonic 50" 3D HDTV. About a month ago a thick black vertical line appeared out of the blue. The line is about 6" thick and about 12" in from the left of the TV.

At first it was an intermittent problem. It went away after about 10 minutes and didn't come back again until two days ago.

Usually it will go after about 10 mins and then it will normally be fine. But this morning it came on and so far hasn't gone away.

A tad annoying Happy

Any ideas what it could be?

The TV is about 3 months old.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
PS. I am in Australia Happy

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic P50UT50A Thick Black Vertical Line
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic P50UT50A Thick Black Vertical Line
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Additional Information to above
by Rob31267 / December 8, 2012 7:47 AM PST
Collapse -
Most probably the C1 board of your TV has gone bad.
by Aadi11 / January 7, 2013 5:43 PM PST

if in warranty it could be easily replaced.

Collapse -
Most probably the C1 board of your TV has gone bad.
by Rob31267 / January 8, 2013 11:49 AM PST

Aadi11 I picked up my TV from the repair agent this morning. I had sent it in for repair under warranty.

Apparently it was the C2 PCB that was faulty and they replaced it under warranty.

Thanks for your suggestions anyhow Happy

Kind Regards

Collapse -
C2 Board didn't fix the problem after all
by Rob31267 / January 8, 2013 3:31 PM PST

Got my TV home today. Plugged it in and fault still exists. So maybe you're right after all. Probably the C1 board. Anyway I have escalated it to Panasonic and I am now wanting either my money back or a new TV. Will let everyone know how I get on.
Cheers Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.