Camcorders forum

General discussion

Panasonic HD AE writer 2.0 software not compatible w/ WIN 7

by Rajiyah / September 6, 2010 1:22 AM PDT

AE HD writer 2.0 software loads fine on my Window 7(64 bit) PC (2.7MHZ, 5 Gig RAM). The screen is set at 1980X1080. The down load from disk was fine. When I click on the Icon it give me an error message " Use display environment 1024*768, 16 bits or more". I also loaded up the L142 update recommended by tech support. I get the same error message.. I also ran the program in "program compatibility" mode. I get the same message. 4 Tech support folks couldn't help me so far

According to Panasonic Tech support this program was written for 32 bit machines and will not work on 64 bit machines. I cannot agree with this since this works with my VISTA 64 bit machine.

Anybody encountered the same problem on WIN 7 ??? Please help!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic HD AE writer 2.0 software not compatible w/ WIN 7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic HD AE writer 2.0 software not compatible w/ WIN 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
same problem
by monk1944 / October 15, 2010 10:00 AM PDT

try two download a other computer which was running XP found the same problem contacted technical support found no help at all it seems a problem with their software by making excuses that it your system you would think a company as big as Panasonic could make compatible software for window 7 instead of excuses.

Collapse -
Using HD Writer on Win 7 and it works....kind of!!!
by LSimpson1943 / November 12, 2010 10:24 PM PST

I have Win 7, 64-bit and HD Writer AE 2.0 is working fine on my system. I used the disk that came with the camcorder. A message said a Win 7 update was available. This was a batch file and two other files. I had to download all three and then run the batch file to create the executable update file. I ran the update and it works great except for an option inside the Copy to Media function on the main menu. It purports to allow you to construct an opening slide for you DVD, using a supplied background or one you create. This function does not work on my system. The CD gets burned, but the opening slide does not get created. My application disk has VFF0605-B inscribed on it. Check to see if your installation disk is the same.

I like the software, but hate the fact that it is so limited as far as producing professional looking DVD's.

Collapse -
HD Writer AE 2.0 does NOT work on Windows 7.
by bowenj_cnet / December 23, 2010 2:45 AM PST

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit, and HD Writer AE 2.0 does NOT work. will copy photos off the SD card, but will not copy or even play the videos. I've installed the software multiple times now and updated it per the process LSimpson1943 described. Called Panasonic Tech Support today and they told me Windows 7 64-bit operation is not guaranteed, and told me to try using Windows Movie Maker. I'm pretty disappointed at this point - and wondering if I should return the camera. I really didn't want to have to jump through this many hoops. Sad

Collapse -
HD Writer AE 2.0 does in fact work - my bad.
by bowenj_cnet / December 23, 2010 5:34 AM PST

Update - after digesting what Panasonic's Tech Support told me I put the SD card back into the camera and connected the camera directly to my laptop. And - voila - the HD Writer AE 2.0 software copied both photos and videos from the card onto my laptop. My apologies - my previous post was made before I had checked into this as thoroughly as I should have.

Collapse -
HD Writer with Windows 7
by sarumboy / July 18, 2012 7:45 PM PDT

Hi all - I'm a newby, new to this forum and new to video/home movie making. And new to Windows 7 as well, not an upgrade, bought a new computer.
Reading the above posts I have to say that HD writer seems compatible to me on Windows 7 with the following exception. Maybe someone can help.
I did some test runs with a few AVCHD files in HD writer and all seemed well. Then I converted the same files to MPEG2 for a try in Windows movie maker which didn't work well, the pictures were breaking up. But now for every AVCHD file in the edit browsing window, there is a similar MPEG2 file next to it which won't delete. However I try to delete them a message comes up, 'Failed to Delete, Unknown error has occured, Check connection is correct, Check if media condition is normal.' Anyone know what that means? Help would be appreciated. Cheers, sarumboy.

Collapse -
Not compatible with Windows 8.1 either
by kiaora2u / December 27, 2014 7:00 AM PST
Angry I had an insurance claim on another camera an with the new one came this software.....will not even open the software...grrrr.
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.