Camcorders forum

General discussion

Panasonic AG EZ1 questions

by pob1 / April 19, 2004 4:59 PM PDT

I recently picked up an old Panasonic AG EZ1 camcorder (dirt cheap) that seems to work pretty well. My question is this, does anyone have any information on this camcorder, such as reliablilty or quality? Also, does anyone know what it's original retail price might have been? Any help would be much appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Panasonic AG EZ1 questions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Panasonic AG EZ1 questions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Panasonic AG EZ1 questions
by skysplitter / September 22, 2004 8:52 AM PDT

You probably have heard back on your question by now, but for grins, I shall respond. My old school used that model panasonic for the intro video classes. They're reliable work horses, and the quality is pretty darn good for a 3chip camera that's that old. If you got it dirt cheap, then congrats. If you think wherever you got yours might have more, by all means, please let me know! I'd love to use one again!

Collapse -
by zspace / October 7, 2004 11:27 AM PDT

So what is "dirt cheap" ? I know where one in good working order is.

Collapse -
by d.grimes / October 17, 2004 6:46 AM PDT

How much is the camera...write me back at d.grimes@juno.com

Collapse -
by Ray Chan / November 9, 2004 6:41 PM PST

Panasonic 3CCD MiniDV camcorder (Japanese version) - $500 (ingleside / SFSU / CCSF)
Reply to: rchanlaw@pacbell.net
Date: 2004-11-10, 2:40AM PST

Panasonic 3CCD MiniDV camcorder ( NV-DJ1 ) same as American model AG-EZ1

High Quality! Perfect Condition, Great Value!

Japanese version with Japanese characters on camcorder body,
Come with original cables and accessories, Operating Manuels come in both original Japanese and English/French versions.

Must sell by this month (November, 04)

Reply by email or call Ray @ 415-608-2828

Collapse -
by gaspants / December 2, 2004 9:10 AM PST

Hi,

I might be interested in buying the AGEZ1 if you still have it. I'd need it posting to Canada. Can you describe its conditions and let me know what you think of it?

Cheers

Max
maxeh@hotmail.com

Collapse -
Panasonic AGEZ-1
by bowmanhunter / January 3, 2005 8:17 PM PST

I have one in excellent condition. Asking $600.00 +shipping.Less than 100 hours. Email if interested.Thanks.

bowmanhunter@adelphia.net

Collapse -
purchace-agez1
by g,terain / December 12, 2009 9:28 PM PST
In reply to: Panasonic AGEZ-1

will you take 400 instead of 600-for the less 100 hr time-does it come with cords and all?

Collapse -
number f05 come ontoscreen
by g,terain / December 12, 2009 8:49 PM PST

the tape doesnot seem to be reading-light remains red and blinking-will not go into play.

Collapse -
f05-on screen
by g,terain / December 12, 2009 11:06 PM PST

agez1--cameralight remainsredandblinks-f05 appears on screen-does notgo into play or record-tapecarrage works.

Collapse -
by Ray Chan / November 9, 2004 6:37 PM PST

Panasonic 3CCD MiniDV camcorder (Japanese version) - $500 (ingleside / SFSU / CCSF)
Reply to: rchanlaw@pacbell.net
Date: 2004-11-10, 2:33AM PST

Panasonic 3CCD MiniDV camcorder ( NV-DJ1 ) same as American model AG-EZ1

High Quality! Perfect Condition, Great Value!

Japanese version with Japanese characters on camcorder body,
Come with original cables and accessories, Operating Manuels come in both original Japanese and English/French versions.

Must sell by this month (November, 04)

Reply by email or call Ray @ 415-608-2828

Collapse -
Reg your camera
by benutc / May 22, 2005 9:26 PM PDT

Hi there, just seen your advert for the Panasonic, please contact me as to whether or not it is still available, also is it PAL or NTSC and how much different the Japanese version is to the Western version. Many Thanks
Ben
Up the Cut Productions

Collapse -
by pauli34 / November 29, 2004 4:21 AM PST

This is a great camera. I bought one about 6 six ago for over 4000 canadian dollars.

Right now I'm trying to debate whether to repair mine for $500. How much did you pay?

Collapse -
AG-EZ1 vs new 1/6" CCD cams
by springboard / December 16, 2004 7:36 AM PST

How did you feel this cam did under low light conditions (indoor with 60 watt bulbs)? I'm considering one of those new 1/6" 3 chippers (GS120/200/400), but they're so much worse in low light than something like a GL2. You think the AG-EZ1 is closer to the GL2?

Collapse -
by ssr--2008 / January 11, 2005 4:40 AM PST

Hi there,

I have a chance to buy one of these for about US$100 but it has a vtr malfunction - tape load error. Can anyone shed a light on how expensive a repair for this might be - is this a major fault or easily repaired?

Thanks
SSR

Collapse -
what's the status of your repair?
by npsaltos / May 22, 2005 10:07 PM PDT

Were you ever able to get it repaired? If not, would you be interested in selling it? I'm more interested in the accessories but would consider buying the whole set if that's what you'd prefer.

Please e-mail me at npsaltos@horrorchannel.com to discuss.

Thanks,

Nick

Collapse -
ez-1
by Jessieddogg / March 28, 2005 5:22 AM PST

I've got one that I've used for about five years now. they originally were about $3500 new. the 3 ccd design gives excellent picture quality. the lack of firewire and crappy viewfinder are the only downside tto the camera. How much did you pay and what came with the camera. there should be a wide angle converter, a mic, a long life battery, charger , two small batteries, the power adapter for d/c and audio/video cables.

Collapse -
Looking for Video output cable for AG-EZ1
by npsaltos / May 20, 2005 1:38 AM PDT

I'm looking to replace the proprietary video output cable that came standard with the AG-EZ1. It can be seen on page six of the manual, in box #8. The part# is VJA-0973.

I called Panasonic and they say it's discontinued.
Anyone have an extra to sell, or know where one can be purchased? Please e-mail me at npsaltos@horrorchannel.com

Thanks,

Nick

Collapse -
Failing that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 20, 2005 2:07 AM PDT
Collapse -
Panasonic AG-EZ1
by Wuorinen1 / July 28, 2010 12:11 PM PDT

Have you found A/V Cable for your camcorder?? I also need one...
May have to open up and find video point, and tie in with a phono jack..Audio is just plug into earphone jack...

Thanks Allan...

Collapse -
(NT) i had one but miss it dou want to sell yours
by bobfeder / May 24, 2011 8:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Panasonic AG-EZ1
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.