Phones

General discussion

palm tungsten e2

by ramhz / March 17, 2009 12:32 PM PDT

if anyone can help. i got a palm tungsten e2 from a friend. when i tried to download de updates for tungsten and did the hotsync through the install tool, and did the sync thing. immediately my palm game a message that it needed to reset. after i pressed the reset button it started to turn off and on nonstop. i tried a hard reset and the pda works as before. then tried again the updated but it will do exactly the same thing. any help please.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: palm tungsten e2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: palm tungsten e2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Then what you are installing is incompatible.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 17, 2009 11:03 PM PDT
In reply to: palm tungsten e2

It happens, it is annoying but such is the life with PDAs.

Keep track of each item you install and don't install the one that doesn't work.

Also, you didn't NAME the PALM GAME so that sounds like it wasn't to be discussed?
Bob

Collapse -
hello
by ramhz / March 18, 2009 12:52 AM PDT

thank you for your help. i meant to say that the pda GAVE me the message to reset.

thank you.

Collapse -
Yup.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 18, 2009 1:52 AM PDT
In reply to: hello

There are situations where it does that. Sorry if I was unclear but since there is no game title no one can offer advice about that title and the E2.

I'm a PalmOS software author so I have some insight into this but for you to get the best replies think about what details would be needed. Also, contact the game's author as the E2 is one of the machines I had to tweak my application for. No, I can't do a thing for applications that I didn't write.
Bob

Collapse -
Tungsten E2 powers on and off to the Powered screen
by tbusch1 / August 4, 2009 3:22 PM PDT
In reply to: palm tungsten e2

Tungsten E2 powers on and off to the Powered screen

Tried a reset for 10 secs, but once I release the reset button, the sequence starts over again. I tried to hold down the start button with reset and that does not work.

Each time it will power ON for about 10 secs, then power OFF for three secons, then power ON again.

The alst thing added to the E2 was PIMSupportUpdater.prc and a reference to Palm 4.1.4.

Any idea how I can get this to stop, even if it means deleting everything on it.

Collapse -
Last steps or rites?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 5, 2009 3:10 AM PDT
Collapse -
Palm PDA
by jvrounds / April 23, 2010 1:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Last steps or rites?

Dear Bob
You already know about my experience with Palm. Could a Blackberry be my solution to pdf files? I am up for a new phone on ATT. I have always liked Motorola, but they seem a step behind Palm as far as phones go.
jvrounds

Collapse -
Across the universe.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 23, 2010 2:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Palm PDA

Sorry but I treat each discussion as it's own microcosm.

Collapse -
Turns on and off...
by ARGENKB / April 9, 2010 12:29 PM PDT

My Palm Tungsten E2 keeps doing this, showing me the screen: "Palm Powered"
I tried to reset pushing the back button, remove battery...nothing ...
Suggestions ??
Thanks

Collapse -
Did you clear it's memory?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2010 11:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Turns on and off...

Sorry if I don't link to how.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.