Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

Page for my Website

by EugeanneMcvin / April 15, 2012 5:44 PM PDT

I need a better strategy for my website to be on Google page one. Anyone, please suggest an advance way. I would really appreciate it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Page for my Website
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Page for my Website
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: google page one
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 15, 2012 6:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Page for my Website

That really depends on what your site has to offer. The more unique it is, the greater the chance that your site belongs to the top-10.
For example: there's only one swimming pool where I live, so searching (in Dutch alas, because that's where I live) for ZWEMBAD OEGSTGEEST finds it immediately. But there are zillions of webshops selling laptops in the whole world, so having your laptop shop (or whatever it is) in the top 10 is nearly impossible.

Kees

Collapse -
Page for my Website
by EugeanneMcvin / April 16, 2012 6:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: google page one

Thanks! However, I'm looking for a better link building strategy that is what I meant.

Collapse -
Re: link building
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 16, 2012 6:17 PM PDT

I didn't know that there are better and worse strategies for that. However, you can't expect to tell people how to do it better, if you don't tell how you do it now.

Kees

Collapse -
Here's a good starting point
by jwoodywoody / September 25, 2012 7:33 PM PDT

Two things I'd like to raise:

Be very careful if you employ an SEO company as Google are smart cookies and the tactics some SEO companies employ are questionable, or may be questioned in the future as Google's algorithms continue to become more intelligent. It's a lot of work, but I do believe Google reward organic growth of your backlink profile, there are a number of tried and tested methods.

Rather than list them poorly, it's probably better just to get a copy of 'The Art of SEO' which is still considered the SEO bible, it really is a great read.

Collapse -
Reply to: Page for My Website
by GMFS / May 20, 2012 1:08 PM PDT

You might need to hire a professional web designer and/or search engine optimization consultant. You can also read more about search engine optimization on the web to gain further knowledge on how to build a great website. As far as the design of your pages, you might want to view dozens of samples of well-working sites and then choose. You could also just use an easy website builder if you have no money to hire anyone to do it, and this website builder can be used even if you know no website code.

Collapse -
by Apoorv82 / June 11, 2012 9:45 PM PDT

Actually you should try to build your backlinks on high PR sites and relevant to your websites.And it will help you to try more traffic for your website and you should also focus on social media optimization.

Collapse -
need good learning site
by Kadeelo / June 28, 2012 7:43 PM PDT
In reply to: reply

I still need to learn more about SEO, is there any good site to learn?

Collapse -
youTube
by h4v0c6 / August 4, 2012 8:31 AM PDT

Create a channel for your website and post a short video every couple of days. Include a link in your description that points back to your site. Share the videos you post through social media. Get people to share your social posts.

Collapse -
How to get top rank at Google
by hanoiproperty / September 14, 2012 5:19 PM PDT

Your question is very interesting, it is easy to ask and easy to answer but so difficult to do. You may try these steps:

1. Content is King: Try to write unique contents (Do copy content from other sources). Google loves fresh contents.

Usually update your content (2-3 times/week at least).

2. SEO: It is too open to talk about this, but mainly:
- Design your website to meet Google guide line:
+ Title tag
+ Description tag
+ key work tag
+ Tags of H1, H2, H3, H4, H5

Also pay attention to your font, font size, font color.

- Create back links with high page rank website (It is not easy if your web rank is low and you want to get backlinks from high ranking ones).

Collapse -
RE: Help getting to Google Page One
by DonaldlBailey / October 27, 2012 8:11 PM PDT

Dear Web Designer,

Before I state my case for a solution, allow me to say - my web page consistently list within the first 10 pages. And under certain categories, I've even listed on page one. As I am only a novice at website building, I can only tell you what worked for me. Therefore, what follows is the formula I discovered.

Assuring content was 65% wording - with pictures and links to internal pages taking up the rest. One noteworthy mention here is to be selective in word choices. And remember, word repetition works.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.