Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Outlook sending first version Drafts without modifications

by Guacogatotaco / March 13, 2006 9:04 PM PST

Hi I have a preplexing problem and cannot seem to find any other references to it....I am using Outlook 2003 from Microsoft Professional edition 2003 package on OS Windows XP Professional Version 5.1 (Build 26003xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519:Service Pack2)...

For a couple of years, I have gotten in the habit of clicking on reply to an email I want to answer later and closing it thereby saving it in the Drafts folder so that later I can just go there and answer the emails I picked out that are important....Recently, sometimes (not always) I will reopen all of the emails, Fill in my answer and send it out regularly, only that the receipent receives the blank version originally saved....which is also what is saved in my Sent file....Again, it is not always, for example I did thi swith a batch of about 8 yesterday...The first one went out fine with all of the modifications (ie second draft) by cliking on send once I had finished) but the following 7 all went out blank.

I did some tests today sending to another of my email addresses so I could see the results....on both they went out blank....

Can anyone help? Is there a setting that got pused mistakenly? A patch I need?

Thanks e Grazie

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Outlook sending first version Drafts without modifications
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Outlook sending first version Drafts without modifications
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Do you have OL2003 SR1? Link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 13, 2006 9:48 PM PST

It gives the highlights plus a link to more detail. If you don't have this patch then it will be the first question when you call Microsoft for an explanation or fix.

I do see some fix items about HTML email handling but I leave it to you to sift through it all. I don't bother with that but just install it now.

Collapse -
by Guacogatotaco / March 16, 2006 6:34 PM PST

Just wondering since my system says it has Service pack 2 are you suggesting I download a previous patch? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am just going on obvious logic here, not necessarily the truth....

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.