Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

Question

Outlook Express Address Book

by ojmintz / August 25, 2012 12:22 PM PDT

The thing I like so much about Outlook Express is the address book. It allows me add sub groups to the address list, then I can put a name in the sub group and it doesn't automatically appear in the main group
unless I copy and paste it, or I can put it in another sub group and it still doesn't appear in the main list.

Then I can have a name it 2 sub groups and the main list and delete it from one and it doesn't automatically delete all the others.

This has been extremely important to me for years and I have not found another mail program that will with those features. As I do volunteer work for our local police department and other organizations it is of the utmost
importance that I keep the PD mail list separate.

Hope you know of another program that will do that. One that would work> with LINUX also would be SUPER
Thanks Jack Mintz

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Outlook Express Address Book
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Outlook Express Address Book
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Did you look at Thunderbird yet?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 27, 2012 4:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
Have experimented with Thunderbird
by ojmintz / September 14, 2012 11:54 PM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Haven't been able to get it to work like O.E.

Collapse -
Then you are not going to be happy.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 16, 2012 6:58 AM PDT

Nothing works like OE so you may have to run OE. To do that has been discussed for a long time so I won't discuss that.

However the top concern you seem to have is a feature you find in mailing list managers.
Bob

Collapse -
(NT) OE Mail list
by ojmintz / September 17, 2012 12:03 PM PDT
Collapse -
OE Mail List
by ojmintz / September 17, 2012 12:07 PM PDT
In reply to: OE Mail list

The address book is my main concern. The rest of Thunderbird and several other programs would be OK, would take a little adjusting is all.

Collapse -
O E Address
by ojmintz / September 19, 2012 12:21 PM PDT

you mentioned mailing lis managers, I am not familiar with any, could you enlighten me somewhat.

Thanks
ojmintz

Collapse -
Too many out there.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 20, 2012 2:15 AM PDT
In reply to: O E Address
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.