Phones forum

General discussion

Outlook calendar syncing for LG Dare!!???!!!???!!!

by yogmuney07 / June 30, 2008 12:04 PM PDT

Does anyone now of a third party software that will allow me to sync an Lg phone like the voyager or dare with outlook. I don't want real time push mail, just a once or twice daily manual sync via bluetooth.

HELP!!!

Thansk,

Greg

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Outlook calendar syncing for LG Dare!!???!!!???!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Outlook calendar syncing for LG Dare!!???!!!???!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not Yet, that I can find
by lelandab / July 5, 2008 9:58 AM PDT

I am trying to find the same thing. It looks like there are two options, for the future. There is a commercial program called DataPilot (www.datapilot.com) that costs about $35, and seems to support the functionality for other LG phones. There is a open-source version called BitPim (www.bitpim.org), which again seems to support similar LG phones, but not the Dare, yet.

KidDoc

Collapse -
DataPilot Softare for LG Dare
by esteban28 / July 17, 2008 1:33 PM PDT

I'm replying to your everyone, DataPilot and Mobile Handset DO NOT support LG Dare VX9700. The only 3rd software that can do sync up your Calendar is the BitPim. I have all 3 softwares, and only one works at this time --- posted 07/17/2008. I'm waiting for DataPilot to release the LG Dare support.

Collapse -
Someone claimed on another forum post that they can
by keithianw / July 8, 2008 9:51 AM PDT
Collapse -
I don't know about sync, but you can send info back and fort
by Fred_Mane / July 12, 2008 2:31 AM PDT

I paired my Dare with my Bluetooth enabled laptop no problem. Passkey for both is the usual six zeros. As far as I can see, the best you can do with no special software is pair and send contacts between the PC and Dare. It also appears it only supports Outlook Express, which pretty much kills calendar capability. I'm trying to switch default PIM pairing to Outlook 07 (was searching for an answer when I stumbled on this)

Collapse -
Outlook calendar syncing for LG Dare
by jmay1359 / July 24, 2008 6:10 AM PDT

remosync - supports exchange too.

Collapse -
Remosync
by esteban28 / July 25, 2008 12:17 AM PDT

Well, I downloaded RemoSync but my Corporate Exchange server requires VPN access that can not be authenticated thru this utlity. Anyone having the same issue?

Collapse -
Sounds great but it doesn't work.
by arcnev / August 6, 2008 11:21 AM PDT

I'm liking the Dare except that email, calendar and contact sync with Exchange is a deal breaker. I thought i had this nailed with RemoSync but it doesn't work. I used the same credentials as my Q, which was working fine, but with descriptive error messages like "Bad Request" there's no where to go. After spending too much time on the phone with Verizon and my Exchange provider i'm done.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.