Android forum

Rant

OS hierarchy

by karmasai / June 21, 2011 9:41 AM PDT

i feel like the iPhone was able to bring smartphones into popularity, but because something is popular doesn't make it the best. Symbian phones: the progenitors. iOS; the status quo. Android; Power Users. Agreed? Any complaints? Did I miss another really popular one? send a reply.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: OS hierarchy
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: OS hierarchy
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I think this question
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2011 6:45 AM PDT
In reply to: OS hierarchy

Is answered by our choices. I would not push android on mom or dad but might set them up with an iPhone. And then I have some droid phone.

Once in awhile folk want to push choices on others, it's been a great time watching choices enter the cell phone market.
Bob

Collapse -
I agree
by tiberiumdj / June 23, 2011 3:42 PM PDT
In reply to: I think this question

Its really all up to the user. As for iOS, the Iphone or apple being 100% the reason smartphones became popular, not sure on that there could be pages written on the argument.

Collapse -
How about this? Skins and apps?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 24, 2011 1:32 AM PDT
In reply to: I agree

Since we are seeing "skins" the user interface (who cares about the OS today?) can morph to what most want.

And then we have apps. I can't explain it, but a recent article proclaimed death to any phone that doesn't have "Angry Birds." While I may grimace at that statement I think they really meant "It's all in the apps."

Again the OS fades behind the scenes.
Bob

Collapse -
Restore default
by malenaa23 / December 22, 2012 7:15 AM PST
In reply to: I agree

Hey, I read your post and I need your help. Friend of mine was using my computer and it lost everything. There are no files or anything. I think hje did defaulkt restore and I dont know what to do. I cant restore it cause the latest point is the one he did which was at the same time he restore everything. If you know how to fix this, please text me! Thank You

Collapse -
attn: malenaa23
by birdmantd Forum moderator / December 22, 2012 12:42 PM PST
In reply to: Restore default

You posted to a thread over 1 year old. This thread is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread instead.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.