Phones

Question

Opening up outllook invites on Samsung galaxy 3

by steves330 / February 28, 2013 4:41 AM PST

I just purchased a Samsung galaxy 3 . I 'm trying to use the email client and open outllook invites and it just opens the invite in the message. How can I open the invite and add it to the calendar

I'm not using gmail as my email

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Opening up outllook invites on Samsung galaxy 3
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Opening up outllook invites on Samsung galaxy 3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Have you tried Kies or Companion link?
by Pepe7 / February 28, 2013 5:22 AM PST
Collapse -
opening up outlook invites on samsung galaxy 3
by steves330 / March 1, 2013 1:31 AM PST

The apps kies and companion link do not seem to work. Will ICS Bot work or are there others. I do not have a exchange server

Collapse -
Please share that up front.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 1, 2013 1:38 AM PST
Collapse -
opening outlook invites for samsung galaxy 3
by steves330 / March 1, 2013 5:36 AM PST

Thanks

So I assume that ICS or no other app from the google play store will work without a exchange server.

This seems odd

Collapse -
Not at all odd. It's by design.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 1, 2013 5:57 AM PST

I'm unsure how long you've been around but I'll lay it out for you. Outlook is a vehicle to stir up sales for Exchange Server. Back in 1997, Microsoft even gave away Outlook 1997 to almost anyone that ask for free since the big features would only kick in with the server.

MSFT has no real interest in changing that and I'm left to guess if you were not around to know this area.

There are apps to push such into google calendar, response to accept such and might be other apps out there but since the Android Calendar has many versions I think the push is to get the item to Google Calendar.

Example at link shows this issue has been around since 2008.
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=26109
3 pages more about it at http://www.galaxyforums.net/forum/applications/4294-meeting-requests.html

I don't want to upset you but have you noticed this void has been around a while?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.