Speakeasy forum

General discussion

OOPS!

by Steven Haninger / February 13, 2013 1:53 AM PST
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: OOPS!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: OOPS!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Well, you can't really count the Romney one
by Josh K / February 13, 2013 2:07 AM PST
In reply to: OOPS!

Romney was for that before he was against it, like so many other things he seemed to hold every possible opinion on.

Collapse -
Ya' gotta' love these speeches
by Steven Haninger / February 13, 2013 2:15 AM PST

It doesn't matter who's in office. There's that timely "bleating" of approval that happens at key moments...the clapping, cheering, etc. They could just as well be listening to music on their ipods and dutifully responding to cue cards. Wink

Collapse -
Some watched the Westminster Dog Show last night
by JP Bill / February 13, 2013 2:20 AM PST

others watched the SOTU Dog and Pony Show.

Collapse -
I watched whatever was playing
by Steven Haninger / February 13, 2013 2:31 AM PST

on the back of my eyelids. Whatever it was, it wasn't real and I've already forgotten. The same would have been true had I watched the address. The dog show critters aren't real either. Real dogs roll in mud and other disgusting things...just as politicians do.

Collapse -
sounds like I
by James Denison / February 13, 2013 3:36 AM PST

didn't miss much. I never saw who one the dog show, must have dozed off during it too. Woke up later to hear about the burning cabin near Big Bear.

Collapse -
(NT) You win, JP. ROFLMAO. Rob
by Ziks511 / February 13, 2013 6:16 AM PST
Collapse -
I'm glad you agreed
by TONI H / February 13, 2013 6:45 AM PST

with nearly every Conservative in the US......it was nothing more than another one of his typical campaign speeches. Sounds pretty.......but totally unrealistic.

Collapse -
You think I was ONLY speaking of Liberal? SOTU speeches?
by JP Bill / February 13, 2013 11:31 AM PST
In reply to: I'm glad you agreed

You are SO naive.

Collapse -
Every time I watch the SOTU.....
by Josh K / February 13, 2013 2:27 AM PST

......regardless who is delivering it, I feel like I'm being told that in six months we'll all be living like the Jetsons.

Where I felt Obama was most effective last night was the several times he challenged Congress to stop bickering and do their jobs. "Send me the bill; I'll sign it."

Collapse -
Don't you think he meant
by Steven Haninger / February 13, 2013 2:33 AM PST

"Send back to me the bill I wrote and I'll sign it"? Wink

Collapse -
The House has sent over
by TONI H / February 13, 2013 6:47 AM PST

lots of bills, including a budget every year, and Reid won't present it for a vote. Ummmm.....Reid won't present a vote for the gun laws BO wants either, so who will BO blame for that one?

Collapse -
You mean like
by TONI H / February 13, 2013 6:44 AM PST

BO being against same-sex marriage before he was for it? Gimme a break regarding flipflopping and making it sound like it's only the Republicans that 'change their minds' about issues.

Collapse -
But he said he'd given it a great deal of thought
by Steven Haninger / February 13, 2013 6:47 AM PST
In reply to: You mean like

or maybe his campaign committee had worked out the math? Devil

Collapse -
I'm not making it sound....
by Josh K / February 13, 2013 10:49 PM PST
In reply to: You mean like

.....like it's only Republicans who flip-flop. I was singling out Mitt Romney, who has flip-flopped on so many issues I lost count. The man could take two different positions on the same issue during the same interview. That's not the same thing as having an opinion change or evolve over a long period of time.

Collapse -
But you don't see anything
by TONI H / February 14, 2013 2:50 AM PST

regarding flipflopping with BO when he SAYS one thing during his speeches and DOES the opposite once he's either elected, re-elected, or back in the WH where he should be instead of trudging around on taxpayer money campaigning even tho he's already the president? He's never stopped campaigning cuz it's the only thing he's good at.

Collapse -
Let's try to stay focused on Romney for a second
by Josh K / February 14, 2013 3:29 AM PST

Was he a serial flip-flopper or not? Try to answer without bringing anyone else into it.

Collapse -
Actually
by TONI H / February 14, 2013 6:19 AM PST

let's try to stay focused on BO's ******.. lies during the speech......original post here was regarding fact checking, Josh. Which is what I brought my post back to regarding flipflopping. BO calls it 'evolving', you guys call Romney a 'flipflopper'. I honestly didn't see during the campaign where Romney 'flipflopped' anymore than BO outright lied.

Collapse -
(NT) shrug, first time heard flipflopper much was Kerry
by Roger NC / February 14, 2013 6:21 AM PST
In reply to: Actually
Collapse -
Romney was right about one thing he mentioned
by Steven Haninger / February 14, 2013 6:35 AM PST

in the debates and that is that repeating something often enough eventually causes people to believe it. Thus far, I've not seen anyone post a valid and "fact check" verified list of flip-flops by anyone as evidence to support the claim of Romney being a flip-flop wizard. What the OP is about is truth versus good salesmanship. Personally, I think our president is an excellent salesman and has collected a following by how well he uses the power of language no matter what facts really are when he lays out objective data. Others have been similarly convincing. Bernie Madoff comes to mind. Happy

Collapse -
(NT) Isn't that any politician? truth and facts don't get votes
by Roger NC / February 14, 2013 6:58 AM PST
Collapse -
I don't want to say "any" politician but certainly
by Steven Haninger / February 14, 2013 7:10 AM PST

being truly upfront and honest is not an advantage. Perhaps it never was.

Collapse -
There are some here
by James Denison / February 14, 2013 1:50 PM PST

who if that was true, believe I should be president. Wink

Since I am not, we can be sure I'm truthful and honest. Grin

Collapse -
I heard Kerry was there too?
by James Denison / February 14, 2013 1:48 PM PST

Is he Sec of State yet? He reminds me of Pat Boone, keeps popping up again when you think he's gone for good.

Collapse -
(NT) I didn't think you could do it, LOL
by Josh K / February 14, 2013 9:40 PM PST
In reply to: Actually
Collapse -
Again, I thought I did answer you
by TONI H / February 15, 2013 7:01 AM PST

Read my reply again and you'll see that in the last sentence.

Collapse -
I thought the focus was supposed to be...
by James Denison / February 14, 2013 1:47 PM PST

....on Obama, and the SOTU

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.