The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

One for the Mac Lovers... WWDC Hopes

by irgmcdonald / August 2, 2006 5:34 AM PDT

What would you love to see announced at WWDC?

I have a strange and unexplanable fetish for pen based computing so I want a Mac Tablet and the new "MacPro" Desktop.

What do you want to see?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: One for the Mac Lovers... WWDC Hopes
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: One for the Mac Lovers... WWDC Hopes
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
my 1 pence.. (about 2 cents)
by udayan71 / August 2, 2006 5:42 AM PDT

Mac Pro (pretty much given)
Leopard for developers/new naming scheme (what's left besides Lion?)
Apple phone - with all the rumblings & Apple joining Kronos Group.
MacBook Pro with Core 2 Duo (maybe)
Pro app something or the other, maybe end of Aperture?

Collapse -
What I'd like to see
by barret55 / August 2, 2006 6:29 AM PDT

I'd like to see the return of the Newton, with all of the latest bells and whistles. I've always liked them.

Yeah, it's a pipe dream, but it would still be awesome to see it return.

-Terry

Collapse -
PVR!
by gamegeek90 / August 2, 2006 6:40 AM PDT

please for the love of pete some kind of Apple branded PVR!

Collapse -
that'd be awesome
by awinn233 / August 2, 2006 6:50 AM PDT
In reply to: PVR!

Here's what I want:
Mac Pro
iTunes Movie Store ($2.99 rentals for 5 days, unlimited views)
THE iPod Video
DVR functioinality added to Front Row
Leopard to be amazing

Collapse -
What do I want to see?
by rtemp / August 2, 2006 8:03 AM PDT

Something that I can't think of yet. I love things that just come out of nowhere, even if they do end up being iPod HiFi's.

-Ryan

Collapse -
For WWDC...
by rustyholman / August 2, 2006 8:26 AM PDT

I'm really looking forward to the new OS, and the features apple has been working on for the last two years.

- I'm hoping that Quartz 2D Extreme will be released, and speed up 2D a little bit more.

- I'm hoping that Spotlight will be enhanced to make it smarter, with better queries, maybe with ThunderBird support.

- otherwise, I'm hoping that Mail will properly support IMAP folders

- I'm hoping that Terminal will be enhanced to support mouse support in xterm emulation, so I can click in vim and use the scroll nubbin to move around documents I'm editing

- I'm hoping that bookmarks will work better in Safari

- I'm hoping that toolkits will be released to make developing for dashboard easier

- I'm hoping that windows can be made semi transparent while working, so I can easily see "under" it if the other window is in a different application.

- I'd like to see the Intel lineup to be completed, with a replacement for the PowerMac.

Oh, and one more thing... I'd like to see a True Video iPod, although I don't think WWDC is the place for this.

Collapse -
True Video iPod
by irgmcdonald / August 2, 2006 8:30 AM PDT
In reply to: For WWDC...

I read somewhere that WWDC is not the place to release iPods and that a new one would come later, around september, ish.

At least that would make the old one a year old. Like his steviness says, you need to upgrade every year to have the latest and greatest.

Collapse -
well...........
by macflash411 / August 2, 2006 9:36 AM PDT

i want free new macs of your choice for everyone. hey theres a way to get more market share and with them updateing the macs ever few months well the people will just have to buy new ones.

-Mr. Grin

Collapse -
Expectations
by dillhk / August 2, 2006 12:34 PM PDT

I definitely see the Mac Pro coming... I really think the MacBook Pro will get a Merom (although it makes me sad because the Black Macbook maxes my budget). I also think the iMac will get a Core 2 chip... whether Conroe or Merom is yet to be seen... can't wait to see the new iPod (If there is one)... also maybe a quick price drop for the MacBook being that the MBP will have a Merom in it would be nice! Can't wait till WWDC!!

Does anyone know of a good place to watch the keynote online? I think www.macuser.com will have a webcast, but I'm not sure.....

Collapse -
Watching the keynote
by irgmcdonald / August 2, 2006 10:36 PM PDT
In reply to: Expectations

I tent to read the live reports on engadget and watch it later as apple puts the video up later (most of the time).

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) moi aussi, the scramble to the live video feed sucks
by udayan71 / August 2, 2006 10:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Watching the keynote
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.