Android forum

Question

on samsung galaxy mini gt s5570

by ebong145 / May 21, 2011 1:35 AM PDT

how can i transfer the internal memory of the phone to the sd card? i'm running out of space and the sd card hasn't been used?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: on samsung galaxy mini gt s5570
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: on samsung galaxy mini gt s5570
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 21, 2011 5:51 AM PDT

But this is a new feature in later versions of android. I will not write a step by step but here I head to Manage Applications and under the app, some have a move to card feature.
Bob

Collapse -
Your clarification is unclear...
by MadR53 / March 23, 2013 10:50 PM PDT
In reply to: Sorry.

Sorry,

...Well, I'm sorry too, but I did not understand your answer to the question above. I have the same problem with my Galaxy mini GT-S5570. It has a microSD of *GB installed in the device but it does not store nearly any applicatip (except skype and two small others...) while the MicroSD card is emplty...
Iseems that It does not allow to store applications on the card - so what's the use? the phone internal memory is small, this leavesthe device a bit creepled...

Any advice? Thanks.

Collapse -
The answer I gave is now out of date.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 24, 2013 4:02 PM PDT

The new OS version does not give a move to card option.

I hope you can see the current discussions about this issue and as it stands you must manage your limited memory or just replace the phone.
Bob

Collapse -
Many thanks
by MadR53 / March 24, 2013 10:26 PM PDT

Hi,
I assumed that advice to be outdated probably,
howaver you received my comment, thanks.
I would be glad if I could get some more info or tip.
I am a hardware guy, don't have any experience in
software but i guess I can manage simple tasks.

Thanks again

Collapse -
It's one of those well discussed areas today.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 25, 2013 1:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Many thanks

My best advice is to be downright brutal on what apps you have and try this.

Be sure to research what the app you are looking at is and does, but many of them you can stop and clear their data in the usual area (settings, apps, etc.)

By brutal I mean to eject every app you can. Do we really need a talking cat?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.