Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

OLM tech support has officially become crap

by ron533 / March 15, 2006 3:00 PM PST

OLM (aka WebAxxs.net) has gone down the drains.
I've been a reseller for 3 years. While I hate to spend the time to move my 15 domains with 5GB of data, their tech support is horrific. All of the 'newbies' on Tier 1 that answer the phones typically have poor training. It is like pulling teeth to get the more senior 'Tier 2' tech support on the line, probably because they are fixing the many bugs in their mish-mosh of 3rd party softwares.

HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND.
The only good thing about OLM is that at least the support staff are in the USA.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: OLM tech support has officially become crap
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: OLM tech support has officially become crap
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I second this! OLM is AWFUL!!!!!! BEWARE
by rdbarahona / October 26, 2006 9:27 AM PDT

So their site says "Backups Provided" and "99.9% Uptime Guarantee". Three days ago my site went down. No communication from OLM. So I post a Support Ticket. No response until 12 hours later. They say it's routine maintenance. Will be back in 90 minutes! 8 hours later, still nothing. So I spend another 30 minutes on hold waiting for a techie. Finally one answers and says the server is toast and they're rebuilding, "we're very sorry for the delay."

So now I'm 24 hours with no website. The next day I spend another 30 minutes on hold to find out what is going on. Then comes the bomb. The server is toast and so is all the data. Oh, and there's no backup (if there was one, that's toast too...). What happened to "Backups Provided" and "99.9% Uptime Guarantee". Apparently that is pure marketing. The tech support guys say they aren't required to provide backups. That's an optional pay service.

I can go on and on. All I hope is that millions of people read this and stop using OLM. I hate them I hate them I hate them.

Collapse -
I couldn't agree with you more. OLM is the worst provider
by sjpenland / November 16, 2006 1:09 PM PST

Beyond the constant downtime of website, lost traffic, 35min to 2 hour hold times to speak with customer support, I just figured out that nameregistrars is the same company as olm. One in the same. So if you are registering your domain names with nameregistrars.com, they will charge you to transfer your domain name to another ISP - from OLM. Very interesting.

I tried to get reimbursed for the downtime (over 50% for 2 months!) and their answer was this...

We do have a Service Level Agreement in the event that we do not meet our 99.95 uptime guarantee (http://olm.net/company-info/sla.html). The maximum accommodation is normally 25% of the monthly hosting fees, however, you are a valued client and we do appreciate your patience. Therefore, we will be extended that to 50% and have also increased your disk space quota to 1400MB and your bandwidth to 25GB, double the quotas you have now.

That's an SLA guarantee???? They gave me more space on their crappy servers????

I'm in the process of transfering everything. Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.