Samsung

General discussion

Official HT-BD1250 Firmware 2.07 Thread

by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 1, 2009 10:26 AM PDT

Forum users,

If you have successfully updated with this firmware, I'd like to hear your input.

Our tests in the lab were successful, but I've seen a lot of people reporting "LOAD" issues with their units. If this has happened to you, please call 800-SAMSUNG and set up for your unit to be serviced.

I'm here to assist in any way possible. I will do my best to assist you to the best of my abilities. I apologize in advance for the inconvenience suffered by any users.

--HDTech

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Official HT-BD1250 Firmware 2.07 Thread
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Official HT-BD1250 Firmware 2.07 Thread
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thanks
by rotorhead250 / October 1, 2009 11:06 AM PDT

Samsung Tech,

Thanks for getting this set up for us. I to would really love to here from anybody who successfully installed the new firmware, it looks like it adds some neat features. In the mean time, my Blu Ray player will be shipped out tomorrow, back to NJ.......

Justin

Collapse -
Thanks
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 4, 2009 1:19 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

rotorhead250,

I really apologize for the inconvenience - to everyone effected, too. Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung: Official HT-BD1250 Firmware 2.07 Thread
by charles_n_texas / November 13, 2009 7:45 AM PST

I see below someone mentioning CVE can come out and do an in house service call. It that true. Beats sending it in. What is CVE and how do I get in touch.

Collapse -
Thanks
by paulbrownim / February 25, 2010 10:29 PM PST
Collapse -
HT-BD1250 update
by carol59--2008 / December 8, 2009 10:32 PM PST

We had our theater system a whole 2 weeks, used it twice and proceeded to download the firmware update which completely locked up the unit with the "load" flashing. Sent it back to Samsung a month ago, still have not received our unit back due to waiting on replacement part. So, basically, we paid for this product used it twice in 2 months and Samsung has no idea when it will be fixed and shipped back out. Called Samsung at least 10 times and each time received a different response to what the status is. On the website, it shows our ticket# as being closed. Do yourself a favor and don't download the update.

Collapse -
HT-BD1200
by slinkeey / October 1, 2009 11:45 AM PDT

Firmware Updated On: 20090930 10:?? PM cst

As of right now my unit just displays: LOAD

I called 1-800-SAMSUNG

The Woman that answered, Danisha, told me that CVE will make an appointment with me to do an at home service in 2 days.

This is fine, but I sure hope they work weekends.. I work during the week.

I have a gut feeling that CVE will just have to send the unit to them. That is fine too. I am just worried about the shipping costs.

It does make me feel better knowing that I am not alone here.

Thanks,
Jeff

Collapse -
firmware update ht-bd1250
by conklij / October 1, 2009 12:24 PM PDT

I too was prompted to update and all seemed to go well. Player displays load and will not recognize disk or usb. Contacted live chat support and was told to keep checking internet for future solution. Seems unlikely that I can re-install updated firmware if unit will not recognize any input. I also sent email to tech support but haven't received response yet. I hope this issue will be able to be resolved.

Collapse -
Should Have Selected No
by slinkeey / October 1, 2009 12:34 PM PDT
Collapse -
Should Have Selected No
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 4, 2009 2:56 PM PDT

slinkee,

That was an online guide for the BD-P1500, and the updates as far as I know, will continue to be both downloadable and online. Assuming that not *every* person is going to have it connected.

It should probably read that firmware updates are automatically offered.

--HDTech

Collapse -
but
by slinkeey / October 8, 2009 12:28 PM PDT

if it is connected I wouldn't want auto.

Automatically brick a unit?

I would rather have auto off no that I learned from this experience it is better to to see if many others are bricked before getting new firmware.

Collapse -
but
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 8, 2009 5:33 PM PDT
In reply to: but

slinkeey,

I should probably note that I meant auto-prompt, rather than auto update.

There is this forum also, and I'll be happy to step up and help where I can as well.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Bad Timing and Etc.
by slinkeey / October 1, 2009 12:40 PM PDT

The Best part is that I just signed up for the free Netflix trial.
That is just my luck.

Hopefully when CVE looks at my unit they will be able to fix the front bezel so that the hole lines up with the USB Port.

Collapse -
Someone actually installed this firmware successfully?!
by chadc25 / October 2, 2009 4:13 AM PDT

Good luck finding someone who successfully updated their firmware ... My 3rd contact with support about this issue was last night via live chat with "Darlene". She advised that I not send the unit in for service just yet because "they're working on it" and I should check in again after a business day.

Collapse -
Return for repair
by cpkile / October 2, 2009 8:06 AM PDT

I got my UPS pickup label from customer service to send my unit in for repair but I'll wait a couple of days to see what develops. Still not sure how we will be able to use another firmware upgrade to fix the problem if the unit won't recognize a disc or the USB port, though...

Collapse -
They are hiding
by conklij / October 2, 2009 9:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Return for repair

Not only have my emails been ignored but they seem to have removed online chat support from the website.

Collapse -
chat support is back
by conklij / October 2, 2009 10:11 AM PDT
In reply to: They are hiding

They are still saying they are going to post a firmware patch or upgrade soon. I tried last night with USB but it wont read the USB port at all.

Collapse -
Official HT-BD1250 Firmware 2.07 Thread Feedback
by bwilson13 / October 2, 2009 11:30 AM PDT

I just installed the update and my Netflix queue will not load. I have never had this issue previously. The screen is just stuck on "loading instant queue" and eventually tells me it can't retrieve and to try again or exit.

Collapse -
Wow....
by rotorhead250 / October 2, 2009 12:49 PM PDT

Are you saying that you actually got your player to update? That's amazing, first one in the forum I have read yet!

Collapse -
firmware updated
by Blumeanie876 / October 2, 2009 1:23 PM PDT
In reply to: Wow....

just bought the bd-p1590 tonight and updated the firmware. it finally got to the instant que, but froze on the load screen. at least i have 90 days to take it back and try again.

Collapse -
firmware updated
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 4, 2009 3:09 PM PDT
In reply to: firmware updated

Blumeanie876,

You may be best exchanging it. How did you update the firmware?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Successful update does not equal happiness
by bwilson13 / October 2, 2009 11:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Wow....

Yeah I got it to update the firmware (that takes 30 minutes to download and install) but it took 5 tries of turning the unit on and off to get my Netflix queue to load. I was pretty happy but tried to play a tv episode and it wouldn't load. Seven tries later and I couldn't even bring the queue back up. This thing is just a shiny black box to me without the Netflix feature working.

Collapse -
Successful update does not equal happiness
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 4, 2009 3:35 PM PDT

bwilson13,

I continue to be apologetic to you (and everyone) about this. As soon as I hear of a solution, I'll post it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
HT-BD1250T/XAA firmware
by kaherc / October 3, 2009 2:21 PM PDT

2-3 days ago my wife turned the player on the other day and it asked her to update, not thinking it was a big deal, she did. Took 30 minutes to do so, then watched a movie.
Turned it on today and got nothing but a "LOAD" on the screen and nothing I do makes it go away. I can stil listen to the radio on it. But I didn't pay over 500 dollars for a radio!!!
Any help, suggestions would be most helpful.

Collapse -
LOAD
by conklij / October 3, 2009 10:48 PM PDT

If you read the other posts you might guess that there is not a lot you can do. Samsung says their engineers are working on it and will have some information on the website (at some point I guess). I hope it will be soon.

Collapse -
Throwing in the towel...
by coffeeabuse / October 18, 2010 5:07 AM PDT
In reply to: LOAD

Purchased unit in May 2009. Lightly used during term of ownership. Firmware update bricked unit October 2, 2009, returned for repair. After at least 10 hours on the phone with "Customer Service" trying to determine when I would get my unit back, received new replacement unit November 15, 2009. *Never* updated the firmware. Today, October 18, 2010, the unit began to gradually become less responsive to remote commands. Unplugged for 3 hours, plugged back in, and got the dreaded "LOAD" message on front of unit, which means that short of sending it in for service (it's out of warranty), there's nothing that can be done. Thoroughly disappointed, and $500.00 lighter.

Collapse -
it's working
by Blumeanie876 / October 4, 2009 2:24 AM PDT

i got home yesterday and my netflix instant que came up right away. after a short load time, i was watching my movie. the picture quality is better than i expected as well, so all around i'm quite pleased.

Collapse -
After 4 days no fix???
by garrylindsay / October 4, 2009 4:49 AM PDT

I am a software engineer and if had released a firmware upgrade that rendered equipment useless I would looking for a new career in hairdressing!
I mean, seriously, whomever let this be released to the public should not have ajob right now, do you have a QA department?
And, if I had made this mistake, I would have engineers working on it 24/7 and have it fixed in a day, or at least provide the original firmware so at least people can have their devices the way it was before they did an upgrade!
Shocked, and I am usually pretty mellow about software issues!!!!

Collapse -
agreed
by conklij / October 4, 2009 10:06 AM PDT
In reply to: After 4 days no fix???

You hit it on the head. Their faulty firmware update left the unit completely useless. I have sent 2 emails to samsung and have received no response. It is unbelievable that this is their response to the problem. Will have to wait and see what next week will bring. I had a similar problem with a wireless router and eventually I gave up and junked it. The difference is it cost $80 and I paid over 500 bucks for this thing only a few months ago. Needless to say If it is resolved I will not be installing any firmware updates!

Collapse -
Refuse to fix
by bsbeej / April 12, 2011 8:50 AM PDT
In reply to: After 4 days no fix???

I too had the same issue and i tried on multiple phone calls to get them to fix it. they even agreed to do a one time fix. However, once the device showed up they refused to fix and i escalated to officeofthepresident@sea.samsung.com. Attention David Choi. I am still awaiting a response for them to fix it.

If you release a crappy firmware you need to be held accountable to it.

Collapse -
(NT) I'd like you to take this up with Microsoft as well.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 12, 2011 8:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Refuse to fix
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.