Samsung forum

General discussion

OFFICIAL BLU-RAY 2.05 FIRMWARE UPDATE THREAD

by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 2, 2009 5:01 PM PST

Forum Members,

Opening up a new thread for the Blu-Ray firmware updates pertaining to 2.05.

Please, if you have an inquiry, please post your model number.

I loaded my BD-P3600 this evening, and Wall-E Blu-Ray and Die Hard With A Vengeance DVD worked, as did the widgets and BD-Live. (That's as far as I got, so jump in!)

--HDTech

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: OFFICIAL BLU-RAY 2.05 FIRMWARE UPDATE THREAD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: OFFICIAL BLU-RAY 2.05 FIRMWARE UPDATE THREAD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Pete Callison / November 2, 2009 8:28 PM PST

Yes
updated ok, all working fine except PC streaming.......see my post

Don't know what was in the 205 update though??

Pete

Collapse -
PC Streaming update
by Pete Callison / November 18, 2009 5:10 AM PST
In reply to: 205

Just thought I would let you know that I got the streaming to work on my 4600 with Windows 7. I re-booted my Linksys wired router to factory settings. Set Windows 7 to share folder in c drive. On the blu ray player I set the network to auto IP & DNS. Manual network search 192.168.1.101, folder = Movies, User = PC, Password = left blank.

All works a treat and it saves the settings for when you switch to videos again. Plays MKV, AVI, anything I throw at it. Very impressive. But my god what a journey to get here. Anyway hope this helps someone out there.
Cheers

Pete Callison

Collapse -
PC Streaming update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 20, 2009 12:57 PM PST
In reply to: PC Streaming update
Collapse -
How
by aheidemann / December 18, 2009 6:25 AM PST

Hey

I have been trying for hours now to set up pc streaming on win 7 and cannot get it to work.

How did you set up the sharing? Did you share with people og did share through right click - properties - sharing - advanced sharing?

Do you use homegroup or have you disabled that?

I can see my computer on the player but when i try to connect automatically it says "incorrect user or pass" and when i try to connet manually it says "input data does not match enter data again after confirmation"... this last thing i have idea what means?!?

Really bothered by this as it worked fine when i was on win XP

Collapse -
Better guide
by aheidemann / December 18, 2009 6:41 AM PST
Collapse -
Details
by spanthegnome / November 2, 2009 11:32 PM PST

Can we get details on what exactly this firmware does for us? Does it fix anything? Does it add anything? If it doesnt fix mkv or add pc streaming to the US players I see no reason to upgrade if 2.04 works fine.

BD-P1600 Owner

Collapse -
Netflix Streaming?
by nyteowl337 / November 3, 2009 1:18 AM PST

Can Samsung Tech or anyone else confirm whether this version fixes the Netflix streaming timeout issue that has plagued us since the 2.x upgrade? I'm not going to risk an update until this problem has been addressed and confirmed by someone who has experienced this problem through ver. 2.4.

Thanks

Collapse -
Streaming not fixed w/ 2.05
by Abudoggie / November 3, 2009 8:34 AM PST
In reply to: Netflix Streaming?

2.05 didn't fix streaming for me. Not sure it was intended too. So still holding breath patiently.

Collapse -
I started another thread to see how many have the wireless
by acarrera79 / November 3, 2009 9:13 AM PST

issues. I'm interested to see if Samsung has any interest in supporting the wireless connection that many of us purchased the players for.

Collapse -
I started another thread to see how many have the wireless
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 3, 2009 2:55 PM PST

I encourage you to chime in if you're having this issue.

--HDTech

Collapse -
My Wireless.
by spanthegnome / November 3, 2009 9:40 PM PST

Being the curious person I am I installed this firwmare against my better judgement. To my surprise it worked the exact same as 2.04. Even though I see no changes everything works great. My wireless continues to work good and will play a full netflix HD movie with out hiccups. I think people with wireless issues either have poorly configured routers or a house that blocks signals(ie. heavy brick, insulated homes). You may want to get someone in to test if your house has this issue.

Collapse -
NO ISSUE WITH STREAMING IN 1.03
by acarrera79 / November 3, 2009 10:04 PM PST
In reply to: My Wireless.

This is obviously not an issue with my house, or my router. I have 1.03 installed right now, and I stream movies all the time. I install 2.0x and the wireless streaming fails after about ten mintues. It works fine before that. The signal is strong!!!

Collapse -
Concur, NO ISSUE WITH STREAMING IN 1.03
by jleybov / November 4, 2009 4:11 AM PST

I would like to second this. After upgrading to the 2.0x series, my player regularly drops its wireless connection- about a 50% chance each time I start it that it will drop a Netflix stream 20 minutes in. I then restart the player and am able to watch a 2 hour movie to completion. This cannot be an issue with my connection or hardware as this never happened with firmware 1.03 . This problem is tolerable, but I would really appreciate if it were fixed.

Collapse -
Missing the mark
by Abudoggie / November 4, 2009 7:41 AM PST
In reply to: My Wireless.

Gnome..

Thanks for trying to be helpful. However, let me give you some background. A group of us users LOST functionality that we once had when we updated from 1.03 to any of the 2.xx firmware.

More specifically, our connections once worked fine. Now they don't. The only difference is the new firmware. No new walls built, etc.

HDTech... would it be helpful for us with the problem to post any additional information?

Collapse -
THANK YOU!!!
by acarrera79 / November 4, 2009 11:16 AM PST
In reply to: Missing the mark

I feel like I've been banging my head against a wall.

With 1.03 my wireless works without issue. after that it doesn't. This is obviously not a problem with router or my house.

Collapse -
Fair enough..but...
by spanthegnome / November 5, 2009 4:34 AM PST

Be helpful to know your player also. Cause if it was the patch causing the problem everyone would have it. There are plenty of people saying theirs works fine with the exception of mkv files not working.

Example:
Bd-p1600 no problems from patches...no resolution to mkv files not playing since 2.02 added the function.

Collapse -
BD-P3600
by Abudoggie / November 5, 2009 8:32 AM PST
In reply to: Fair enough..but...

Gnome.. sorry I omitted the player info.

As I noted in my post, not everyone is having the problem. Even within the 3600 player, some have no probs with the newer firmware. Hence, the mystery.

In previous posts I have listed my router info, etc. etc. So I am trusting HDTech has passed that data on.

I was merely reporting that the 2.05 didnt fix the issue for those wanting to know prior to HDTech giving us the scoop on what the update was intended to fix.

Glad you are not having issues. I wish I was in your boot. That said, we use the player more for BDs than for streaming and I have had no probs playing any BDs (knock on wood).

Collapse -
version update
by jaykay2PT / December 10, 2009 9:16 PM PST
In reply to: Fair enough..but...
Collapse -
Samsung / Netflik Freeze
by California Pat / December 27, 2009 2:39 PM PST

I am not a tech / computer guy, but these comments (though two months old) seem to describe what I am experiencing on my BD-3600.

Can anyone tell me if an upgrade to Firmware could have caused my Netflik to freeze (using a wireless connection) to a BD-3600?

Is there a fix?

Thanks

Collapse -
Also experiencing wireless issue with 2.xx firmware
by roberiekm / November 8, 2009 8:59 AM PST

Firmware upgrade 2.05 did not fix the issue with wireless connection drop while streaming Netflix for me either. Has anyone heard anything about timing for a fix? After consistently asking second level Samsung support, they confirmed that it's a known issue and recommended waiting for the fix to come out. I assumed 2.05 was said fix but, unfortunately, it is not.

Collapse -
BD P3600
by roberiekm / November 8, 2009 9:46 AM PST

Apologies - forgot to include model in original reply.

Collapse -
No problem with 2.04 or 2.05
by keatssoder / November 10, 2009 9:07 AM PST

No problems with 2.04 or 2.05 but did all updates and internet streaming with hard wired connection to high speed comcast.

Collapse -
Wireless issues with firmware 2.0x
by Tomwattzz / November 9, 2009 12:54 AM PST

My setup: Samsung BD-P3600 via HDMI to Sony KDL-52v5100 (Stereo out from TV to Amp). Router: Linksys WRT310N - I can provide my router settings if desired. I am using the Samsung provided dongle.

Firmware updates: 1.03 over network (I had the audio delay problem), 1.04, 2.04 & 2.05 via USB. Only issue with 1.04 was the Netflix movie time was not correct.

Netflix Streaming observations: Firmware 2.04 & 2.05 always below DVD quality from rear USB (sometimes unwatchable but it does NOT lock up). Front USB excellent quality (HD for Heroes: Season 4) but locks up after 7-15 minutes - ALWAYS. Player must be shut down to re-establish network connection.

Firmware 1.04 always DVD quality or better from both rear and front USB. Never locks up from either USB port and maintains the high level of quality. I did this testing over many days and multiple Netflix titles and this phenomenon is always the same. This is definitely a Firmware/software issue with the 2.0x series.

I am sticking with 1.04 for the excellent Netflix quality and will live with the incorrect movie times. However, I'm hopeful Samsung will fix this software issue so I can have the full functionality that I paid for.

Collapse -
BD-p1590 with v. 1.04 firmware
by jakejj995 / March 28, 2010 12:34 PM PDT

i have a BD-p1590 we got dec 09 at sams with version 1.04 firmware.. no problems, show time on netflix accurately, no freezeup or other problem noted with 2.04 or 5 upgrade so I have NOT upgraded..

my question was using a USB drive.. does it increase the memory of unit when streaming movie. On a couple HD movies it will ever so often pause to allow stream to catch up.. just wondering if i insert empty USB thumb drive in front or back? will it use this for additional storage somehow.. do I have to set it up or is this automatic.

we are on DSL with 3.3 meg down stream on wired connection to blu ray.

Collapse -
BD-p1590 with v. 1.04 firmware
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 30, 2010 6:41 PM PDT

jakejj995,

You'll know almost immediately, and you can try to download BD-Live content if you'd like.

The memory stick can be used either in the front, or the back input on the unit. Your choice.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Does Firmware 2.07 for BD-P3600 fix wireless issues
by Tomwattzz / April 1, 2010 12:48 AM PDT

Samsung Tech or other BD-P3600 owners,

Does Firmware 2.07 for BD-P3600 fix the wireless issues that have been noted over and over? Anyone that had wireless problems with 2.0x please share your results (or lack thereof). Thanks!

Collapse -
Does Firmware 2.07 for BD-P3600 fix wireless issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 1, 2010 2:07 PM PDT

Tomwattzz,

You noted 7-15 minutes for wireless streaming, but I'm unable to replicate the problem here. Usually these symptoms have to do with the router. I don't have a solution for why streaming Netflix films will only work for a few minutes. I can't even definitively pinpoint which is causing the issue.

--HDTech

Collapse -
BD-P3600 Firmware 2.07 Issue
by Tomwattzz / April 12, 2010 12:43 AM PDT

Samsung Tech,

I tried upgrading my BD-P3600 to firmware 2.07 via USB but the install screen never appeared. I waited over 30 minutes and then unplugged everything for about an hour and tried again - but that didn't work either. I even download another copy of the firmware from Samsung's web site just to be sure - still nothing. I've upgraded/downgraded firmware numerous time using the USB method and have never had an issue. Here is my current S/W, Loader and Region info:

S/W: BEv1.04_090707_XAA
Loader: LDv1.11_090221__
Region: A/1 (BD/DVD)

Perhaps I need to upgrade to a 2.0x version first??? Any tips or recommendations appreciated.

Collapse -
2.07 and wireless issues
by tchatt / April 12, 2010 2:34 AM PDT

I was one of the ones that had issues with streaming Netflix wirelessly with any of the 2.0x updates. I had reverted back to 1.04 for the last 10 months or so.

This weekend I decided to give Samsung one more try and allowed my player to update to 2.07 (I did it wirelessly). It WORKED. I haven't been able to really run it through the paces, but the update worked. It took a while but the player is now working well. UP is no longer pausing at various points and neither is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

Over the next week or so I'll be able to really give it a test, but so far 2.07 seems to have fixed my issue.

I have the BD-P3600.

I also have loader 1.11.

Collapse -
2.07 and wireless issues
by Tomwattzz / April 12, 2010 4:14 AM PDT

Thanks tchatt!

Please let me know how your wireless Netflix streaming test goes. My only problem with 1.04 is the Netflix streaming counter keeps re-setting after 10-15 minutes.

I'm still not sure why I can't upgrade via USB...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.