Office & Productivity Software forum

Alert

Office 2010 Home and Student 2010

by andrew950950 / August 4, 2012 7:25 PM PDT

Hi all I recently bought MS Office Home and Student 2010, I have the product key with me now and its all correct but when it installs it gets to just after half way, it creates the short cuts on my computer but then jumps back to half way and deletes them.

Can anyone help me please

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Office 2010 Home and Student 2010
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Office 2010 Home and Student 2010
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: installing MS Office
by Kees_B Forum moderator / August 4, 2012 8:41 PM PDT

1. If all that it deletes are the shortcuts and all other things are installed correctly, it's easy to make them yourself.
2. Does there happen to be a log-file somewhere? Search for *.log in Windows Explorer. That might contain useful information about what goes wrong.

Kees

Collapse -
Nothin
by andrew950950 / August 4, 2012 8:51 PM PDT

Hi its still not working, nothing is! i can't install it i have cleared everything office related from the Registry I havn't got anythin 2003 related on my computer its a 64-bit OS :@

Collapse -
Given so little story.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 5, 2012 3:55 AM PDT

We know that Office 2010 requires some Windows OS and that those be patched to so level along with no malware, cracks or protection software that blocks the install.

But without more detail you may want to call it in since install help used to be free because without it, you can return the product.
Bob

Collapse -
MS Office
by pgc3 / August 5, 2012 4:03 AM PDT

So you purchased the product key version and not the disk version? If you are using the product key version and I assume you knew this, you have to be hooked up to the internet and must follow explicit instructions, whereas with the variant on disk you do not. If you are online while attempting to load and this/these problems occur then as a prior poster stated, call it in to MS.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.