Forum Announcement

Please don't panic! You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Forum Feedback & Announcements

General discussion

(NT) the forums are dragging again;(

by Mark5019 / January 21, 2006 / 7:29 AM UTC
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: (NT) the forums are dragging again;(
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: (NT) the forums are dragging again;(
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Dragging again?
by taboma / January 22, 2006 / 11:19 PM UTC

Mark, So noted Sunday/Monday Jan 22/23, all night and into the wee hours. Wonder why?
Cannot be many of us posting at 2am on the east coast!
I would like to continue this discussion but I am falling asleep high now...............................

-Kevin

Collapse -
Anyone else seeing the . . .
by Cursorcowboy / January 23, 2006 / 4:28 AM UTC
We're sorry but the file requested could not be found.

when reading replies early Monday morning?

Bill
Collapse -
not me bill
by Mark5019 / January 23, 2006 / 5:59 AM UTC

but with the circut city ad running im supprised to see anything:(

Collapse -
I've never seen that ad or any other
by Steven Haninger / January 23, 2006 / 3:25 PM UTC
In reply to: not me bill

of the mentioned floaters. What am I missing? Occasionally there are brief times when pages don't just fly but not that often. But, it happens on other sites as well. I have cable which is subject to bandwidth pinches when others on the same line clog up traffic with movie and music downloads. When this happens, the difference is noticable. I can't help but think Cnet is only a piece of a larger puzzle. BTW, my ISP is Earthlink out of Atlanta and those bytes of data have to cross the Smokies and Applachians to get up here to Ohio. It's a little bumpy but they do just fine. Happy

Collapse -
Only an HTML?
by taboma / January 23, 2006 / 9:54 PM UTC

?Spill-over. Somthing to do with the Ad and how it was set up and sent to the advertising department at CNET.
The more I see it the more that I am used to it unless you use an an AD Block feature. The ad block feature can be set up in Mac or Windows.

Steven, with over 3,700 posts by you, why do you not list your OS in your profile?
Would be helpful to us.

-Kevin

Collapse -
It's listed
by Steven Haninger / January 24, 2006 / 1:56 PM UTC
In reply to: Only an HTML?

I run XP Pro on 2 systems, Home on 1 (wife's) and Win2k as a secondary on my own. Previous were Win 98, 95, WFW (3.1), DOS 6.22 on down to 4.01 (I think it was .01). Tried Linux and choked on it....might try again later.

Collapse -
It's listed
by taboma / January 24, 2006 / 7:26 PM UTC
In reply to: It's listed

Thanks, didn't show up when I viewed your profile. Really not important for me to view. Just wanted you to know that the info did not show.
So when is the 4K?? Simply amazing.
-Kevin

Collapse -
Yes DRAGGING badly at this time...
by glenn30 / January 25, 2006 / 1:46 PM UTC

Took over a minute with message: ''Waiting for reviews.cnet.com''. Other forums and links in CNet forums just as slow. No problems at other web sites. Sad

Glenn

Collapse -
I believe they are deploying a fix for the profile page from
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 25, 2006 / 3:12 PM UTC
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Great... thanks! :)
by glenn30 / January 25, 2006 / 4:42 PM UTC
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Too bad the profiles are MIA in the mean time. :(
by John.Wilkinson / January 25, 2006 / 4:47 PM UTC
Collapse -
I know : - ( we are rolling back the fix because of this
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 25, 2006 / 5:44 PM UTC

new issue...profiles MIA-- ugggh!

sorry everyone for this--eventually this will get all sorted out by the engineers soon--I hope!

Thanks for reporting all of this!

-Lee

Collapse -
They fixed something else...
by John.Wilkinson / January 25, 2006 / 8:52 PM UTC

It may have been a messy situation, but at least one good thing came out of it...now it automatically recognizes you when you click on your own profile! (Before when you loaded your own profile you didn't have the option to manage your account and it displayed your own latest posts instead of the latest replies, forcing you to go to another 'tab' first, then back to the 'my home tab' before those options were available.) I'm not sure if that was an expected outsome or not, but it's something I've been waiting for for some time now. Hopefully they can fix the viewing of another person's posts without losing that again.

:fingers crossed:

John

Collapse -
Something else?
by taboma / January 25, 2006 / 9:33 PM UTC

?never even viewed that or looked for it. Nice fix on the engineers part.
Why do things go snafu in the night?
-Kevin

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 45,842 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,052 discussions
icon
Tablets 1,149 discussions
icon
Security 28,606 discussions
icon