Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

(NT) Is Spyware doctor a spyware program?

by hpinvent / June 28, 2005 2:36 PM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: (NT) Is Spyware doctor a spyware program?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: (NT) Is Spyware doctor a spyware program?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's an antispyware program by PC Tools
by Donna Buenaventura / June 29, 2005 1:31 AM PDT
Collapse -
spy doctor
by dyspyzthespyz / June 29, 2005 1:42 AM PDT
Collapse -
Spyware Doctor - problems
by ipeters / December 4, 2006 8:08 PM PST
In reply to: spy doctor

Beware of installing the trial download unless you are sure you need this software. The trial version identifies threats that may or may not be valid but it is difficult to uninstall because it write a registry entry (picked up by Spybot) and opens an alleged web page that gives no more information than how to by the payware version. I am sure the software is effective if used in sleep mode but it is worth noting that the trial version contains a file associated with the zlob trojan according to Symantec's site. Just shows, there is so much conflicting information out there.

Collapse -
SpyWare Doctor
by clerik / April 7, 2007 7:19 AM PDT

I just download Spyware doctor and it started interfering with my Regestry Mechanic as well as my other programs so I tried to uninstall it ...had a hard time uninstalling it but finally went to my add/remove programs and got it uninstalled then rebooted my computer....well it was still running invisably somewhere in my computer so I had to call a Tech. frined of mine who finally took it totally out...to me this experience was a nightmare cuz I couldn't even use my wordprocessor after I installed Spyware Doctor and needless to say I'll never install it again....anyone else ever had this nightmare with Spyware Doctor?

Collapse -
Is this website safe
by clerik / April 10, 2007 1:45 AM PDT
In reply to: SpyWare Doctor
Collapse -
SUPERAntiSpyware
by clerik / April 10, 2007 1:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Is this website safe

by the way...just wanted to know if the following was safe to download and easy to uninstall:

SUPERAntiSpyware

Collapse -
(NT) Yes to both questions. :)
by roddy32 / April 10, 2007 1:58 AM PDT
In reply to: SUPERAntiSpyware
Collapse -
Privacy Mantra
by clerik / April 10, 2007 2:03 AM PDT
In reply to: SUPERAntiSpyware

hi again,
just wanted to share this with everyone....it's a great...keeps your computer clean from online and offline tracks on every website you've visited which remains in the undeletable index.dat file, even after the Internet history and cache has been removed. Your system is also keeping information of executables you run, movies you watch and documents you open. Some of these prints can't be deleted manually as they are locked by the system. This reliable cleaner will not only protect your privacy but also free disk space by deleting junk files....it's great:)

Here's the website for downloading: http://www.codeode.com/privacymantra/index.html

Collapse -
Firefox running slow
by clerik / April 10, 2007 2:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Privacy Mantra

My Firefox browser is running waay slow....anyone know how to make it run faster? I saw the viedo about how to make it run faster here on CNET but the guy on the viedo was just going thru the steps too fast...tried look for the video on it here again but can't find it....anyways I need a step by step instruction on how to make my Firefox browser faster.....I have opera browser too and it's alot faster than my Firefox browser but I need Firefox to load pages faster cuz there's things I can do on Firefox that I can't do in Opera browser.....can anyone help me plz.

Collapse -
Try posting that question in the
by roddy32 / April 10, 2007 2:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Firefox running slow
Collapse -
(NT) Oops. I hadn't seen your post :(
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 10, 2007 3:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
THX
by clerik / April 10, 2007 3:28 AM PDT

thx for the info ....I'm having a hard time finding the correct forum to post to.....wish CNET would make it easier to find forums...like maybe on the hompage....thx again

Collapse -
Yes, it can be confusing if you are
by roddy32 / April 10, 2007 3:45 AM PDT
In reply to: THX

new here. This link is for the forum directory. If you try to pick the most appropriate forum for whatever questions you have in the future, you will have a better chance of getting the answers you are looking for. You are welcome. Happy

http://forums.cnet.com/?tag=dir.forum

Collapse -
Is this what you were looking for?
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 10, 2007 3:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Firefox running slow
Collapse -
Thx for Link
by clerik / April 10, 2007 3:37 AM PDT

Thx for the link Carol...much appreciated:)

Collapse -
(NT) You're quite welcome :)
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 10, 2007 3:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Thx for Link
Collapse -
spyware
by cinbad52 / November 8, 2008 3:59 AM PST
In reply to: Is this website safe

is spy doctor safe?

Collapse -
Spyware Doctor is no panacea
by GonCarGar / January 19, 2009 1:54 AM PST
In reply to: SpyWare Doctor

I recently installed Spyware Doctor to get rid of the rogue Spyware Guard 2008 that had insidiously infiltrated my pc and was causing havoc with it. Unfortunately, Spyware Doctor was useless as it could not kill the bug. On top of everything, it made my pc virtually inoperative. They provided no technical support on-line as they had promised, and I feel robbed and deceived by PC Tools (the company that produces Spyware Doctor). I only managed to get rid of the bug by restoring my system back to the point before which Spyware Guard 2008 had infected it. It is the best bet, and totally free. I do not recommend Spyware Doctor.

Has anybody else had this experience? Is it possible to get one's money back from PC Tools?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.