Phones

General discussion

Note on Windows 7 Palm Desktop compatibility.

by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 26, 2010 9:05 PM PDT

Just passing this along for those that still have the PalmOS PDA or phones.

1. The current Palm Desktop at palm.com runs fine on Windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit.

2. USB sync looks to be dead.

3. Bluetooth sync looks fine but as you can imagine is non-intuitive. Not that there is no documentation about it, but it does ask a lot of most owners.

Hope this helps,
Syncing my Palm PDAs over Bluetooth on Windows 7 Bob.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Note on Windows 7 Palm Desktop compatibility.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Note on Windows 7 Palm Desktop compatibility.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
opinion
by cassidy701 / June 1, 2012 10:06 PM PDT

do you have an opinion on alternative to my Tungsten E. I love it but I'm having trouble with the usb syncing part so it's kind of useless to me. I'm not computer savvy and I'm running windows 7. All I need is a handheld for contacts, calendar, and keeping memos. I don't want the expense of a smart phone data plan. What might my options be?

Collapse -
Just one thought.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 3, 2012 6:20 AM PDT
In reply to: opinion
Collapse -
Tungsten C and Windows 7
by HERSHEY / July 30, 2012 2:44 PM PDT

Have been searching for and downloading various Palm software products with the hope that I can continue to run the Palm Tungsten C and retrieve all of my old data. No luck at all. Tried reinstalling original software from disk. Still nothing works - no recognition of the device, the software and no sync takes place. 7 months of calendar data missing.

Would love to restore the device to the reliable product to its former glory and could use any and all help. It appears it is not compatible with Win 7.

Collapse -
The USB sync is dead.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 30, 2012 3:20 PM PDT
Collapse -
Windows 7 and Palm Tungsten C
by HERSHEY / July 31, 2012 6:07 AM PDT
In reply to: The USB sync is dead.

Bob,

I don't have this connector, but will order and try to get the Palm working again. Thanks for the help in this project - Palm calendars always beat the Androids. Too bad Palm did not keep up with the good products.

Hershey

Collapse -
Windows 7 WiFi and Palm Tungsten C
by HERSHEY / July 31, 2012 2:09 AM PDT

As I read this I realize that I did not know that my Windows 7 desktop has bluetooth. How would I activate this to get and save data from and to the Palm Tungsten C? I use bluetooth features with my Android phone but not aware of how to use it in this situation - I must still be in the 90's

Hershey

Collapse -
Sorry but I didn't see Bluetooth on the Tungten C.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 2, 2012 2:51 AM PDT

And any discussion about use outside of this is for a new discussion. This is a sticky post and must remain on topic. If your Tungsten C has bluetooth, it would be the first one I know of and worthy of a new discussion.

Collapse -
Sync Pilot Desktop to Handheld
by rsde60 / March 4, 2013 6:47 AM PST
Collapse -
Thanks for adding this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 4, 2013 7:02 AM PST

All my devices today have either serial or bluetooth so I didn't go looking for the updates.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.