Phones

General discussion

Note on Palm Desktop Vista Compatibility...

by whizkid454 / September 11, 2007 8:40 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Note on Palm Desktop Vista Compatibility...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Note on Palm Desktop Vista Compatibility...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Trying the Beta fix and having a winzip error
by SaltyLady / October 30, 2007 6:48 AM PDT

The Beta fix is compressed and did not self-extract. I tried downloading "WINZIP but received an error message that it was not a 32 bit file. So at this point, I can't open or run the file unless someone can tell me how. I am not particularly skilled in computer tech. (smile)

Collapse -
palm desktop...Vista
by damond64 / December 5, 2007 10:15 AM PST

I have a vista machine, and when I got my new palm device, I downloaded the cd that came with the phone. So far everything has worked out well, it's been nearly 3 months. I'm not sure what type of problems people are having, but I certainly have been running along just fine, sync is not an issue at all either..

Collapse -
Is it....
by whizkid454 / December 6, 2007 8:35 AM PST
In reply to: palm desktop...Vista

Perhaps a Treo or Centro? If so, Palm may have different software versions for them. The problem seems to be in the syncing for some Vista users.

Collapse -
Another Palm Desktop Update for Vista users....
by whizkid454 / February 12, 2008 8:20 AM PST
Collapse -
palm pc update
by v2p1 / September 27, 2008 7:57 AM PDT

thank's for help

Collapse -
Another Palm Desktop Update for Vista users....
by tndach / September 24, 2009 5:08 PM PDT

Thank you for helping.

Collapse -
Zire 71
by beccarene / November 13, 2009 3:08 AM PST

I have a zire 71 and I now have Microsoft Vista, is there anyway to set up the desk top and hotsync for my Zire? I have tried downloading from the computer and although it installs, it does not connect to the zire, cannot sync. If I can't fix this, what is the best PDA (not phone) that works with Vista?

Collapse -
I have a Zire 71.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 14, 2009 12:59 AM PST
In reply to: Zire 71

It syncs fine with the hard to find RS232 sync cable. NO, I have not tried this one on USB.

Collapse -
RS232
by beccarene / November 14, 2009 5:32 AM PST
In reply to: I have a Zire 71.

Hi, thanks for the info. I am confused though. I found the RS232 on internet easily. Is there something I am missing?

Collapse -
The answer must be yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 17, 2009 11:56 PM PST
In reply to: RS232

I find many don't know to enable hotsync to hotsync over COM1 or such. If they ask how, they didn't look at the hotsync configuration?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.