Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Norton AntiSpam Folder & Icons missing from Outlook 2003

by PactTech / January 8, 2007 2:23 AM PST

After installing NIS 2006, AntiSpam will not integrate with Outlook 2003. I have Symantec stumped; they can't fix it. Done the usual-- clean uninstall and reinstall. It works with Outlook Express but not Outlook. I haven't uninstalled Office 2003 yet, but I'm geting close. Any help appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Norton AntiSpam Folder & Icons missing from Outlook 2003
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Norton AntiSpam Folder & Icons missing from Outlook 2003
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Ask Symantec mail you a new copy of the program disc
by alejandroferro / January 18, 2007 1:35 PM PST

alejandro

Collapse -
re:Norton AntiSpam Folder & Icons missing from Outlook 2003
by landrrosner / January 19, 2007 3:05 AM PST

I had the Norton AntiSpam working with my Outlook 2003 and discovered recently that the icons were missing, and that my spam was no longer being blocked.

I checked the Norton utility and everything was shown to be working correctly.

I found (by accident!) that the AntiSpam Plugin (in Outlook) had been disabled. Here's how I discovered and fixed this problem:

- In Outlook, click on the HELP menu item and select "About Microsoft Office Outlook"

- Click on the "Disabled Items..." button on the bottom right of the "About Microsoft Office Outlook" dialog box which appears

- Click to select/highlight the Norton AntiSpam plugin (in the displayed list), and then click on the "Enable" button on the bottom left of the "Disabled Items" window, then click the "Close" button on the bottom right of that same window

- Click the "OK" button in the "About Microst Office Outlook" window and restart Outlook

At this point, for me, my AntiSpam folder and Icons reappeared in the restarted Outlook.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

-

Collapse -
Plug-in
by PactTech / January 19, 2007 7:06 AM PST

Thank you for the info, but I've already tried this. The plug-in wasn't even available. I had to add a second hard drive to this PC and reloaded XP and NIS 2006 and now I got the icon and everything works. There was just something about the registry on the old HDD that wouldn't allow it to work, and I wasn't about to fuss with the registry too much.

Collapse -
re:Norton AntiSpam Folder & Icons missing from Outlook 2003
by bajor025 / February 5, 2007 5:37 PM PST

Thanks very much that worked!!! I've been trying to figure how to fix that for months... just about gave up.

Cheers...Bajor

Collapse -
it worked
by analandaverde / December 14, 2011 2:24 AM PST

omg! THIS WORKED. Finally. Thanks

Collapse -
thank you
by bobobug / February 5, 2009 2:02 PM PST

Thank you so much for your tip it works

Collapse -
Norton Spam and Outlook 2003
by stoyf / March 19, 2007 4:34 AM PDT

I was starting to unistal Norton to try and re-instal it and the buttons just appeared.

You could try opening Outlook and then open your control panel. Select "Add/Remove Programs" and select Norton. Hit the "change" button.

It was then automatically changed to Outlook 2003 and the Spam buttons were there. So it might work.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.