Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Norton 360 and Outlook Antispam Folder

by Kiwi Chick / March 19, 2008 12:41 AM PDT

I have just removed Norton Internet Security 2006 and replaced it with Norton 360.

Now, 360 no longer uses my Norton Antispam folder in Outlook.

I have looked through the Norton settings and there is nothing relating to email, I have looked through the help files and again there is no reference to email at all.

Can anyone tell me what has happened here? I expected my Norton Antispam folder to continue to be used, but everything goes into my Inbox instead.

Cheers.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Norton 360 and Outlook Antispam Folder
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Norton 360 and Outlook Antispam Folder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Norton Anti-Spam
by Michael_York / March 25, 2008 4:29 AM PDT

Hi Kiwi,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support team replying to your posting. The Anti-spam feature of Norton 360 is available as a free download, called the "Norton Add-On Pack."

Please click on the following link to download the Norton Add-On Pack.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/products/overview.jsp?pcid=is&pvid=naop1

1. Once it is installed, launch Norton 360.

2. Click on the "Tasks and Settings" link at the top of the window. On the right side of the window, choose "Set Up Add-On Pack."

3. Next, click on "Norton Anti-Spam" and configure it's settings the way you like.

The next step would be to run LiveUpdate to ensure that all of the latest program and definition files are installed. to do so, click Start,->All Applications,->Norton 360, and then choose LiveUpdate from the sub-menu. LiveUpdate will automatically begin running and download and install any available updates.

I hope this answers your question.

Thank you,
Mike

Michael York
Norton Authorized Support Team
Symantec Corporation
http://service.symantec.com/priority

Collapse -
Add on pack??!!
by ClissaT / April 12, 2008 2:48 PM PDT
In reply to: Norton Anti-Spam

What a pity I didn't get that info when I bought & installed my Norton a year ago, for the 2nd year running. I've been struggling with that issue all the last 12mths of the subscription to the point that I have given up on Norton & just this week bought a sub from a rival.
Oh well I'll give the new product a good go now.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.