AVG forum

Resolved Question

non-technical help

by shafiqkhan31 / September 3, 2012 8:58 PM PDT

I am a bit nonplussed, but I am not going to be negative.

You offer customer service by phone and chat. I am not sure if this is available in the UK.

I can not use telephone and there is no chat service available at this time.

I am a paid customer, I want my AVG service moved to my new computer as the previous computer has gone out of service.

Please advise how do I manage that?
Be very grateful.

shafiqkhan31 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: non-technical help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: non-technical help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by shafiqkhan31

Collapse -
Re: move service
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 3, 2012 9:18 PM PDT
In reply to: non-technical help

What AVG service do you want to move?

If it's just a license code you paid for, install the same program on the new computer as you installed on the old computer and enter the same license code on the new computer as you entered on old computer.
If you encounter any problems, please post again with an explanation of what goes wrong.

Kees

Collapse -
Anti-virus 2012
by shafiqkhan31 / September 4, 2012 4:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: move service

I bought AVG antivirus 2012 for two years .A few months down the line I had some problem with my computer and I lost the service.
I got in touch with the AVG people and they sent me a link to download the software , which I did, following their procedure and entered the activation number and the problem was solved.

I had saved this information(email) in the reminder. I opened this reminder and followed the procedure. Unfortunately it did not work.

Failing to revive my paid service I have loaded the free service to make sure that the computer is not unprotected.I can not revive the service. I can not find a place to put the activation number or any place I could write an email to ask AVG people for help their chat line does not work.
. I have already put my disability to use a telephone in my previous message.

I am still looking for a solution for the problem. Thank you for your kindness and advice.

Collapse -
Re: AVG
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 4, 2012 4:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Anti-virus 2012

A few months ago you downloaded the software, followed the procedure, entered the activation number and it worked. Now on another you download the software (or preferably: used the same installer you saved on the hard disk), followed the procedure, entered the activation number and it didn't work.

So my guess is you did something different then you did before. And since you don't tell what you did and what happened and why it didn't work this time, I'm unsure that anybody here can help you.

Kees

Collapse -
RE: Anti-virus 2012
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / September 4, 2012 4:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Anti-virus 2012

Hi shafiqkhan31,

Please make sure to enter your complete license number when installing AVG. We recommend the copy&pasting it from the e-mail message to avoid any typos. If you are unsure, please use the license retrieval web form and your license will be automatically sent to you.

Current AVG Anti-Virus installation packages can be downloaded on this web page.

Please let us know if you need more information. Kindly mention exact wording of any error message displayed during the installation process.

Collapse -
Thank you.
by shafiqkhan31 / September 4, 2012 6:35 PM PDT
In reply to: RE: Anti-virus 2012

I am grateful for your help and advice. Yes I must have done something different to cause such bother.Kees_B is absolutely correct, I must be a bit more diligent.
I looked at the advice I received on a previous occasion from the AVG staff,which I had saved. Before that I had retrieved the activation number and the information there in. I down loaded the software from a linked web site.This web site was a bit confusing for me . No clear signs of the stuff to download, (which is designed for people up to speed in this matter). I had to make a few guesses to work out the downloads.
It would have been helpful the if order pf priority of downloads re. installer,then other bits were established.

I am going to try again today, a bit better advised and equiped with the experience of failure in the bag.
Thank you very much for the generasity you have shown.

Collapse -
RE: Thank you
by JiriF_AVG AVG Staff / September 4, 2012 7:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Thank you.

If you use the AVG online installer, only the necessary installation files based on what you configure in the installation wizard will be downloaded. So this option will always download the least amount of data.

The full installation packages (either 32-bit or 64-bit based on your operating system architecture) can be used when you are going to install AVG on a system without Internet connectivity (or if the Online installer won't work for some reason).

Please let us know if you need more information.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.