PC Hardware

General discussion

No video to finish windows install

by lrivera1011 / November 20, 2012 3:22 AM PST

Hi all. I have a problem with the on-board video on my Intel i5 2600. I installed a Radeon HD6770 and disabled on-board graphics a few years back just to play some games, and I had it working great until now. I got a virus 2 weeks ago and after removing it I kept getting the blue screen of death after a few minutes of booting to desktop. I decided to re-install windows 7 over my current installation. During install the screen went black for a long time just after the 100% of expanding the files. I rebooted and keep getting the same, just a black screen, no boot logo, no pc brand logo, nothing. Anyone know a way to finish my install? Plugging in the VGA to the on-board graphics or the Radeon does nothing neither did HDMI nor DVI I can't boot into safe mode since I can't see anything.

My pc was a Powerspec B631
upgraded ram from 4 to 8gb
upgraded power supply to visiontek 650watt
upgraded intel HD2000 graphics to HD6770
the original specs are here: http://www.powerspec.com/systems/system_specs.phtml?selection=B631

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No video to finish windows install
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No video to finish windows install
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: black screen
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 20, 2012 3:28 AM PST

I'd start all over by booting from the Windows 7 DVD and see what happens. If necessary, do a clean install in stead of an install over the current version.

Kees

Collapse -
re: black screen
by lrivera1011 / November 20, 2012 3:32 AM PST
In reply to: Re: black screen

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that but the press any key to boot from cd doesn't show, nothing comes up at all my monitor says no signal, I tried on a different monitor and get the same thing.

Collapse -
About the PSU.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2012 3:32 AM PST
Collapse -
re: About the PSU
by lrivera1011 / November 20, 2012 3:42 AM PST
In reply to: About the PSU.

How would I do that? the pc was shut down during installing windows I cant go into bios or anything it just turns on, the fans run but the video wont come up neither on the intel hd2000 or the radeon hd6770.

Collapse -
(NT) Unplug the new video card?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2012 4:35 AM PST
In reply to: re: About the PSU
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.