TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

No SIgnal ON Samsung TV

by sunkissed64 / August 16, 2007 3:36 AM PDT

Trying to figure out why a brand new tv I purchased for my grandmother would be displaying a "No Signal" message on the screen as well as not displaying any cable image.

The tv is brand new it's a Samsung TX-T2782 tv and it's connected to cable without the use of a converter box. My guess is that she's pressed the wrong button by mistake on the remote control. Problem is she's calling me at work and I'm not there to be able to try and fix it.

Any ideas?

Sunny

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No SIgnal ON Samsung TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No SIgnal ON Samsung TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by givemeaname / August 16, 2007 4:55 AM PDT

was it ever working?
could be the cable is hooked-up to the antenna input or the tv is just set to the wronge input. On my 3-4 year old samsung lcd tv there is a button on the remote labled 'Source' to change the input, if samsung kept that on there remotes, have her click on that until is gets to the cable input. If still nothing could be a the cable.

Collapse -
Was working..
by sunkissed64 / August 16, 2007 5:15 AM PDT
In reply to: .....

The tv was working fine. My grandmother has no clue how to do much more than turn the tv on and switch the channels. I'm thinking that she hit the wronmg key by mistake. It will have to wait til I get home because there's not much I can do from work but I'll make sure to try the Source button first.

Thanks

Sunny

Collapse -
Wow, Thanks Worked For Me
by jeriw / June 22, 2009 10:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Was working..

I have a samsung tv in my bedroom and all of a sudden I was getting a "no signal" message. Thanks to the response here all I had to do was hit "source" button and there was my picture!! Thanks a lot, great information!!! Apparently when half asleep I must have hit the source button once rather than the off button.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.