Download.com Site Feedback forum

Question

No Downloader Button Under the Video

by imflymouse / February 21, 2012 4:46 PM PST

Ok downloader says it is complete and was successful and I did find it on my computer. It said to close my browser and reload for the Downloader to work. I did all that then went to YouTube to download a video I wanted keeping the directions page open on how to use the Downloader. It states that under the video next to the SHARE button will be a button that says Downloader. It is not there. HELP.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: No Downloader Button Under the Video
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: No Downloader Button Under the Video
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: no button
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 21, 2012 4:50 PM PST

Better ask the author of the program. Not CNT. We're just distributing it.

Kees

Collapse -
No Downloader Button Under the Video
by imflymouse / February 21, 2012 5:18 PM PST
In reply to: Re: no button

How do I find out who made it. I'm like not very computer smart. Thanks for trying to help me.
Mickey Jo

Collapse -
Re; who made it
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 21, 2012 5:25 PM PST
Collapse -
Who Made it
by imflymouse / February 21, 2012 5:43 PM PST
In reply to: Re; who made it

lol cause it says it is Best Video Downloader. And the icon says that too, so I am assuming that is the name. I do have another one that has worked GREAT for a year and all the sudden after I paste the url into the download slot it freezes up. I have been trying for 3 days now. It is called Basic YTD Downloader.

Collapse -
This one?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 22, 2012 4:37 AM PST
In reply to: Who Made it
http://download.cnet.com/Best-Video-Downloader/3000-2071_4-12225945.html
Then click on Alactro (the link to the makers site) and - when there - go to their support page or send a mail to their tech support (link and email address at the right side of the page).

And tell me how 'computer dumb' you must be to NOT be able to click on 2 links. Even if you're "not very computer smart" you should be able to do it, don't you think?

Kees
Collapse -
Kees Please grin
by imflymouse / February 22, 2012 3:07 PM PST
In reply to: This one?

Kees thanks so much for your help. I had a blond moment though looking for a button that said Alactro. LOL I did find it and went first to there web page and read what I was suppose to do and did do for those using Firefox.

Then I wrote an email to them. Sooo lets hope they can figure this out.

Also have another question for you. When I either downloaded that or signed up for Cnet another program went onto my computer called

AVG Internet Security 2012

Do you have any idea what that is and why it got put on my computer? I already have a virus checker call McAfee that i like.

I also see at top of my Brouser it is on that umm bar to the left of SEARCH.

Thanks for all your help.
Mickey Jo

Collapse -
Re: AVG
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 22, 2012 4:00 PM PST
In reply to: Kees Please grin

That's strange.

http://free.avg.com/ww-en/internet-security tells about the program. It isn't even free (unless it's the trial version), it's $55.95.

It's unlikely, to me, that it got installed automatically. You must have said YES somewhere. Indeed, some programs (but I don't know about that video converter) come with the invitation to install other programs. Yesterday, for example, I had to click "decline" to tell a program (foxit reader to be exact) to NOT install the Ask toolbar. And I remember another program that invited me to install some McAfee software.

If you're happy with McAfee, I would uninstall this AVG program from Control Panel>Software.

Kees

Collapse -
AVG Removed Thanks
by imflymouse / February 25, 2012 5:44 PM PST
In reply to: Re: AVG

Thanks Kees

I removed that. It said once removed it turns off all my firewalls. Um I have McAfee virus protection, do I need Firewalls turned on ?

Thanks again
Mickey Jo

Collapse -
Not Kees
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 25, 2012 6:23 PM PST
In reply to: AVG Removed Thanks

but the short answer is Yes.

McAfee internet suites also have a firewall component but I am not sure if the McAf ee you have does, so you need to check through that software to find out.

If it does then turn its firewall on. If not, then turn the Windows Firewall on.

Mark

Collapse -
And be sure ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 25, 2012 7:41 PM PST
In reply to: AVG Removed Thanks

that all of McAfee's protection (not only the firewall if you have that, but also it's real-time antivirus and whatever more it has) is running.

Kees

Collapse -
AVG Internet Security 2012
by imflymouse / February 27, 2012 3:17 PM PST
In reply to: Re: AVG

Kees well figured out where it came from. Hubby down loaded ti onto my computer for my NEW virus protection. LOL. he is not happy that I have removed it as he has to down load it again. grin. OOOPS.

Collapse -
I just wonder
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 22, 2012 4:43 AM PST
In reply to: Who Made it

if YouTube has booby-trapped it.

All YouTube videos are subject to their copyright and they work hard to disable all these tools and utilities that are created to contravene their copyright rules.

Mark

Collapse -
Answer
I think you are learning first hand the Youtube trap.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 22, 2012 4:47 AM PST

What trap? It's rather simple really. Those software titles that claim to download Youtube videos and then you discover they are broken, don't work and there is no support (except when it comes to payment.)

Hope this lesson goes fast for you and without a lot of pain or lost time.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.