So, randomly, my computer decided yesterday that it no longer wanted to display anything on my monitor. At first I thought it was a graphics problem, or perhaps the monitor, and I've tried all of the following things, to no avail. There are no beeps. All of the computer parts are correctly plugged in and all the fans are running for the cpu, psu and graphics card. I believe I can also hear my hard-drive but not sure. Each time I have tried turning the computer on I have had the speakers plugged in but have heard no beeps.
I have tried:
- resetting CMOS battery
- tried resetting jumper cables
- moving graphics card to other pci-e slot
- removing ram, turning comp on with only one stick of ram, reseating both sticks of ram (my MoBo has a light that shines if there is a ram error and it is basically telling me my RAM is o.k.)
- holding power button for 1 minute while comp is unplugged
- holding power button 3 times while comp is unplugged
- does not work on second monitor with different monitor cable
- does not work on other dvi connection either (there are two dvi outputs on the graphics card and one hdmi cable)
- removing the graphics card entirely and awaiting a computer error beep, but there were no beeps
I am beginning to worry that it may be a CPU issue or something equally bad. Any ideas on what could be wrong???
Looking for great gifts under $100?
Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.