Samsung forum

Alert

no application on my smart tv !!! where did alla of them go?

by syrine9 / January 6, 2013 4:19 AM PST

Hi, so my issue is that yesterday i had many applications on my smart tv but today when i opened it .. it was clean!! no youtube, no angry birds.. nothing!! not even the camera's application !!! what did happen? i don't know ! i tried to download them again but it displays updating ... and after a while there is an error message samsung error_update_002 . ps : when i checked my network connection i found it connected !!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: no application on my smart tv !!! where did alla of them go?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: no application on my smart tv !!! where did alla of them go?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Deleted most of apps
by Gregor9123 / January 6, 2013 4:37 AM PST

Same here. After switching TV on and starting Smart TV, it started deleting all services. My apps were starting disappearing from menu. When I pressed "Back" button the process stopped, but the apps are no longer available! Virus???

Trying to access Samsung Apps Store gives strange ERRORS: ERROR_012, ERROR_011 and so on.

Collapse -
answer from samsung support
by syrine9 / January 6, 2013 9:29 PM PST
In reply to: Deleted most of apps

Syrine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're performing some maintenance on Smart Hub this weekend. We apologize for the inconvenience but appreciate your patience in this matter. If you are still unable to connect by Monday afternoon, please reach back out to us. We are happy to assist you with any issues.

Thank you,
Andy T.
@SamsungSupport
Samsung Electronics Social Media Support Team

SO BASICALLY they are doing some maintenance Sad and we have to wait and see..

Collapse -
Smart Hub Maintenance & Built-In Web Browser
by LVandervort / January 6, 2013 10:30 PM PST

Visibly, the Smart Hub maintenance is still ongoing as the built-in web browsers in our four televisions are unable to start. We have four of these televisions that we use for operational real-time status displays (wall-boards) accessing an internal webserver.

Is it possible for Samsung to provide a website indicating the status in near-real-time of the Smart Hub platform?

Additionally, is there any specific reason that the built-in web browser in the televisions require the Smart Hub platform to be "alive" even when they are used to connect to internal websites, and thus does not require any services from the Smart Hub itself? (Some other applications are able to run independently of the Smart Hub platform, so why not the web browser?)

Thanks

Leland

Collapse -
Still no apps
by kanthreddyg / January 8, 2013 2:52 AM PST

Apps from my samsung smart were deleted today. Not able to connect to Smart hub. even browser is not working.

Collapse -
(NT) yes it's still not working
by wormvortex / January 8, 2013 3:37 AM PST
In reply to: Still no apps
Collapse -
Re: yes it's still not working
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 9, 2013 12:44 AM PST

Hi kanthreddyg,

By mid afternoon yesterday, it was supposed to be up again. If you're still having problems, let me know.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Got it
by kanthreddyg / January 9, 2013 4:43 AM PST

Got it sorted out. Thank you.

Collapse -
Not working
by Madas2206 / January 9, 2013 9:41 AM PST

My samsung 46eh5300f has no apps and I cannot access anything on smart hub

Collapse -
Re: Not working
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 10, 2013 1:39 AM PST
In reply to: Not working

Hi Madas2206,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Could you give me an overview of what you've tried thus far? For instance, have you tried a Smart Hub reset or a factory reset?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Hi
by nhmi83 / January 10, 2013 4:32 AM PST

Im having a same problem with the others..all my apps are gone...by tonight after various attempts still didn't manage to bring back neither the apps nor the browser...even worst all the basic apps are gone too....please help me to sort out this thing...

Collapse -
error_undate_002
by kstehw4 / March 21, 2013 11:24 PM PDT

Well, this post did let me know what the problem is. It's very frustrating when you don't let people know what is going on. I've been trying ever since we purchased our tv over a week ago and have yet been able to connect to the web browser. And yes, all of my apps have disappeared also. So, guess we'll all have to wait until Monday. Paid so much money and can't use the functions. Was it worth it? NOT YET!!

Collapse -
Re: error_update
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 21, 2013 11:50 PM PDT
In reply to: error_undate_002

HI kstehw4,

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having problems. This thread is an old problem from a few months ago. I know of no current problems with our Smart Hub server. Could you please start a new thread and post your complete model code as well as what you've tried so far to resolve the issue?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Apps Gone
by kk5551 / January 9, 2013 9:50 AM PST
In reply to: Deleted most of apps

All of my apps are gone as well. It says I am not connected to the internet - but then I just did a system test and there was an update. So I updated it...through...the...internet...which...it says I am NOT connected to.

I would not have been able to do a system update if there was no internet connection.

Did the smarthub reset (0000) pass code. Didn't work.

Did the system reset (0000) didn't work.

Now what?

Is the update complete?

Collapse -
Re: Apps Gone
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 10, 2013 1:34 AM PST
In reply to: Apps Gone

Hi kk5551,

I'm very sorry for this. What's your TV's complete model code?

HD Tech

Collapse -
still the same prob !!
by syrine9 / January 10, 2013 2:31 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Apps Gone

So this morning i open my tv and i find three of my applications back again !!! ... so i think.. cool it's working again.. i go to samsung apps to download the apps that didn't come back by themselves(bad boys...) and what??? Smart Hub needs to update.. like a fool i press ok and my tv starts to delete the few services that i found on my tv..... So question.... WHAT's THIS PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Collapse -
same here
by bakon1 / January 10, 2013 2:40 AM PST

I've an ES6800 and when I switched it on all the apps are gone and I cannot connect to the Samsung app store, web browser, etc.

I've done a reset in the smart hub.

When I do a network status it says I'm connected to the internet.

What now? I'm located in the UK if that matters..

Collapse -
apps gone
by lmlm83 / January 10, 2013 3:40 AM PST

my smart hub has removed all my apps and i cant get my browser to work i have tried a smat hub reset but that has made no difference. model number is ue40es6710 can someone help me please

Collapse -
same problem
by realepicurean / January 10, 2013 4:04 AM PST
In reply to: apps gone

Same as the above! New ES6710 arrived yesterday, worked ok ... Installed skype etc fine. Then smart hub updated, now keeps saying I have network issues. All icons home from main screen.

Today I've updated the firmware (didn't fix the issue) and reset the smart hub. The latter brought the default icons back but app store says no internet connection. Thought it might be my wireless so plugged in Ethernet cable; doesn't help (note everything else on network OK).

Bought the TV for smart features so its getting returned if I can't use them...

Help please!

Collapse -
getting annoyed!!
by lmlm83 / January 10, 2013 4:28 AM PST
In reply to: same problem

i have reset the smart hub and factory reset tv still the same, i'm getting a network connection error msg and i'm connected with an Ethernet cable (wireless has never worked!!) but thats not an issue really i just want it to work again!!

Collapse -
got mine back!!
by lmlm83 / January 10, 2013 6:04 AM PST
In reply to: same problem

just checked it again and it updated smart hub and that did nothing turned tv off and back on went back on smart hub it asked to update again clicked ok it is now installing all my apps back!!

Collapse -
Re: No Application on my Smart TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 10, 2013 4:44 AM PST

Hi syrine9 and others,

I'd like to get this a bit more organized if you don't mind. I realize that this is all an on-going problem for each of you, but if you could each post the following information, I'll try to answer each of you individually:

Product: Blu-ray Player/Home Theater/TV
Model: BD-E5900/UN60ES8000/HT-EM45C/etc.
Your symptom or error: "Apps are missing"/"Smart Hub says at start up, 'Error Model Bind'"/etc.

HD Tech

Collapse -
No application on my smart TV
by Mr-DillinG / January 10, 2013 5:07 AM PST

Hello i am having exactly the same problems.

Smart TV UE46ES5505
Network interfierence - ERROR_CODE_011
Apps are missing

tried to reset the tv to factory settings and tried to reset the Smart hub to factory settings.

If i check the network connection on the TV it says i am connected.

Collapse -
Apps deleted from smart tv!
by surf247 / January 10, 2013 5:53 AM PST

Hi,

am having similar problems.

Bought an ES8000 a week ago and didn't expect it to work out of the box as usually disappointed by promises that technology offers but no! It worked fantastically - I live in the Middle East but want to watch BBC iPlayer so set UK during setup and use a Smart DNS and everything was perfect.....until a few days ago and all the apps had disappeared!

After looking on this forum I did a number of resets including Smart hub, reset the country code, reset router etc. Sometimes would say downloading ** of 14 apps but would only show one or else would say 'Network is not connected' error update 001 or 002 or 003. Other times it would say updating Smart hub and apps next to 'Samsung apps' icon would then disappear! Tried again the following day and after much faffing got the apps back.

However, been away a few days, turn on TV just now and ALL apps disappeared again!!! Checked BBC iPlayer on my PC and works fine so shouldn't be the Smart DNS.

Even if there is an issue with the server why do apps get deleted? Are they not downloaded to some form of memory like on a PC or Smart phone? Cannot access Samsung apps or even the web browser - what is going on Samsung!?

Model UA55ES8000
Firmware 1018.0
Smart Hub 4.519-5.0

Collapse -
missing apps
by lmlm83 / January 10, 2013 5:56 AM PST

product: series 6 led 3D smart tv
model:ue40es6710
problem: apps are missing and the ones that are there (web browser, samsung apps) i get a connection error msg but when i test my network it say its fine

Collapse -
as requested
by realepicurean / January 10, 2013 6:09 AM PST

TV
UE46ES6710
Smart hub won't work; fails to connect and apps vanish

Collapse -
Apps gone, Smarthub wont connect
by Voimatu / January 10, 2013 6:24 AM PST

Smart TV UE55ES6100

Error_Code_01
Error_Update_02

you name it, same thing as others have posted. You can't be surprised about this issue, it seems to be a major error from your side! It first started to delete my downloaded apps, did it about 6 times, now this total lock up.

TV is connected to network, just smarthub lives its own life separate from the rest of the TV.

Collapse -
All apps and even smart hub app missing
by jjessa / January 10, 2013 7:05 AM PST

I am experiencing the same issues as people above.

Model - UE 40EH5300
Apps missing, plus also 'network not avaiable'

I've done a tv factory reset and software update, but to no avail. Most apps still missing (BBC iplayer, ITV, Samsung App, Fitness Centre). wireless network also rebooted and reconnected.

Collapse -
Re: No Application on my Smart TV
by syrine9 / January 10, 2013 7:33 AM PST

Product: TV
Model: UE40ES8000S
Your symptom or error: "Apps are missing"/"Smart Hub says wh, 'Erroren updating error_update_002 .. error_update_003 or error_update_004'"/"can't access samsung apps and says that the smart hub needs updates which never happen because of the errors mentionned before ".

Thanks in advance Happy

Collapse -
Smart Hub not working
by macsac666 / January 11, 2013 4:23 AM PST

Same here

37ES6300 TV
Apps disappeared, can't access anything via Smart Hub

This is not a new issue, I had it happen to me just over a week ago, I contacted Samsung and did all the required actions (updated firmware, reset system). After a few days it all came back, just as I was about to return the TV to John Lewis. As well as the apps going, my TV was turning itself off without warning, it was also not detecting the hard drive.

So I then go away with work for the week, return today, and the issue has reappeared - so I guess it looks like the TV will be returned to the shop. I know it's possibly a software issue but since Samsung don't appear to be getting any closer to fixing it then I don't want the TV - I bought it for the Smart functions, if I wanted a TV without smart functions then I could have saved some money and gone for one without these functions.

Collapse -
Smart Hub update is broken - and primtively designed
by Rummelpot / February 4, 2013 4:38 AM PST
In reply to: Smart Hub not working

My TV is a UE40ES6800 and I'm in Denmark. Each Monday, it seems, the Samsung Smart Hub is updating itself. This starts by deleting all the apps including the Samsung Apps, so you cannot reinstall or install new ones. Then it goes through all the apps I had before in the little window at the top right saying "Install" on each one, but only the first one appears. To get the newt one I have to turn off the TV, turn it on again, the same cycle happens, and the next one appears. As I have 15 apps I need to do this 15 times before I have all my apps back.

Whenever Samsung Apps appear and I try to click on it I get a connection error with ERROR_UPDATE_02. However, the Network Settings confirm that I am connected to the internet and I can also display a web page in the browser.

This kind of behavior has existed for at least a month now. I got the TV in mid-December. In the beginning it updated correctly with each app appearing as it cycled through them in the top right window. There has been no changes to my network setup. I use a wireless connection.

The update is primitively designed as there is no need to load and install all the apps when just one or two have changed. So far I have not been able to see any changes. YouTube remains the same old virtually useless app. It is also primtive that the apps do not keep their settings. After each update - which is sometimes several times a week - I need to enter my Netflix userid and password, which is a major annoyance when you have to do it with the remote.

Please, Samsung, first priority is to make Smart Hub update work. Second priority is to redesign it to be user friendly.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.