Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Nitro PDF 64-bit Free Download

by mytwistedsister / February 13, 2011 5:19 PM PST

All I can find are the 32-bit category. I saw a notation that this exists but I can't find a link anywhere?

Thx

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Nitro PDF 64-bit Free Download
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Nitro PDF 64-bit Free Download
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What;'s wrong with the 32-bit version?
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 13, 2011 5:21 PM PST

And where did you see that info?

Kees

Collapse -
32 bit message
by mytwistedsister / February 14, 2011 2:26 PM PST

I did download the 32 bit and got a message after all was said and done that I needed to get the 64 bit version. It would not install the 32-bit version.

Collapse -
Re: 64-bit
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 14, 2011 4:40 PM PST
In reply to: 32 bit message
Collapse -
Nitro Program
by mytwistedsister / February 14, 2011 11:16 PM PST
In reply to: Re: 64-bit

It's a start, however I would like more than a trial. The 32 bit is not a trial but the 64 bit is a trial. So ultimately that is what i would like to find. But thanks for the link in the meantime.

Collapse -
64 bit trial
by mytwistedsister / February 14, 2011 11:26 PM PST
In reply to: Re: 64-bit

That is a trial as opposed to a permanent download. I did try to install and was unsuccessful. Not sure what the problem is, will have to investigate.

Thanks for the link.

Collapse -
Re: trial
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 15, 2011 7:00 AM PST
In reply to: 64 bit trial

Trials can be converted in permanently working programs by paying for a license key. So if you get it to install (no clue yet why it didn't work) that wouldn't be a problem. Anyway, it's good you didn't yet pay for it.

Kees

Collapse -
And
by mytwistedsister / February 15, 2011 10:50 AM PST
In reply to: Re: trial

And they say miracles never happen, who knew? Thank you very much. It going to be a while before I install it now because I seem to have had a bad trojan vuno and so I am in the process of cleaning up my computer but I sure do thank you for helping me out and i will sure use it as soon as up and going again.

Collapse -
Malware in C|net's version of Nitro PDF?
by garym123 / November 2, 2012 2:57 PM PDT

I'm not looking for a bit-version of Nitro PDF, but I just downloaded Nitro PDF from C|net and my Norton Internet Security says it has WS.Trojan.H included in the download. Windows 8 won't install it even after it has been cleaned. Is this a Win 8 issue or has C|net been infected?

(Tried to install on HP Pavillion g6 running Win 8, OEM installation with Norton Internet Security 20.2.0.19, default settings, updated 11/2/2012.)

Collapse -
Need a link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 3, 2012 2:29 AM PDT

But as you know, false positives do happen. And with how these apps HOOK IN to the OS and apps, such are more likely to trip those false positives.
Bob

Collapse -
Malware in Nitro PDF 64-bit?
by jepp_jepp / January 24, 2013 7:03 PM PST

I had the same experience! Sad

Comodo internet security Free 64-bit warned me to!

I googled it and "some moore beknowled" persons sad that it had to do with how it installs its lisence in some "hidden" way or something..

I TRUST SYMANTEC AND COMODO - quite much moore than "san fransisco corporated - Nitro PDF ".

False positives from 2 of the biggest antivirus corporations? - yeah riiiight!

CNET - please do a follow up on this since garym123 posted this 2011 and now it is 2013..

Download.com is still my favorit downlod spot on the net" thou! Keep it up! Cool

64-bit it is...

Collapse -
Thanks!
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / January 25, 2013 12:40 AM PST

I will bring this to the attention of the Download.com team.

Thanks for reporting it.
-Lee

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.