3) You will need a tuner of some kind to receive (real) TV channels and not internet streams. A/V receivers do not contain TV tuners.
1) That is one way to do it, but some folks like to go from various sources (e.g. Sat or cable box, dvd player) directly to the HDTV. Avoid the middleman. Flip a coin, basically.
2) You don't actually specify whether or not you are using a cable or satellite box(?) If not, and the Samsung LCD is handling the TV tuning, you would ideally utilize either a two channel composite (red/white) audio output *or* digital optical output from the back of the Samsung LCD into your A/V receiver. YMMV, since you don't specify which exact TV model you have <nudge, nudge, wink, wink>.
4) If you have a built-in sound card on the PC & appropriate software driver(s), you should be able to simply run the digital optical out to the receiver and select that as your input on the Denon. DVI/HDMI could simply go directly to the HDTV.
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Denon 1910 and paired them up with some JBL CS480BG 5.1 Speakers. Right now I have my Playstation 3 and TV hooked up to it but I want to add my PC to it also which I have running to the TV via a DVI to HDMI cable but that doesnt transfer audio (only video) so I would need to use an optical cable for audio.
My questions are (sorry If their newbie this is my first time owning a surround sound system & receiver):
1) What is the proper way to connect the receiver on the back panel of my Samsung LCD TV? Right now I have it hooked up from "Monitor Out" on the receiver to HDMI 1 on the back of my TV with an HDMI cable.
2) How can I get my TV channels to play on my surround sound speakers?
when I have the receiver turned on the built in speakers on the TV turn off but no sound plays from the speakers when I have the "Source" on the TV set to TV. If I change the "Source" on the TV remote to HDMI 1 which is where I have the receiver plugged in and press "TV" on the receiver control I will get a black screen with no auido. I tried to see if maybe I have the speakers connected wrong or something but the speakers sound fine when I have the receiver changed to HDCP which is where I have my PS3 connected with an HDMI cable.
3) Is it possible to use the receiver to watch tv channels without a cable box, VCR, DVR, or Satellite receiver?
4) How would I go about connecting my PC to my Denon 1910 if I have my PC hooked up to my TV with a DVI to HDMI cable that doesnt have audio? I have a couple of optical cables laying around and an optical port on my motherboard.
thank you for your help