Sony forum

Resolved Question

New Sony BluRay Player Connection Problem

by AngeRN-7 / December 13, 2012 7:05 PM PST

Hello All,
Just got a new Sony BluRay player model S390 and spent 3 1/2 hours trying to get it to connect to the internet. Spent most of that time on LiveChat with 3 different automatons at Sony tech service who each had me do the exact same things with the exact same results. I feel like it is probably something really simple in the connection, but am not tech savvy enough to know what.
It says internet connection Ok and wireless connection ok, but the network fails.
I am connecting to a Linksys wireless router that our two laptops, Android phone, and IPad all connect to without a single glitch.
I would greatly appreciate any advice, including return it and get a different brand Happy
Thanks in advance.

AngeRN-7 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Sony BluRay Player Connection Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Sony BluRay Player Connection Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by AngeRN-7

Collapse -
There are a lot of issues here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2012 1:27 AM PST

And sadly I have to use networking terms such as SSID, WPA2 and more.

If this is not possible then you arrange for some geekquad to set it up for you.

This year the most common issues I run into are:
1. Distance. NO, if a laptop works, that's nice but tvs seem to get half the WiFi range.
2. Firewall in the router. Turn it off during setup. After setup, turn on and re-test.

Collapse -
Router firewall?
by AngeRN-7 / December 14, 2012 2:24 AM PST

I thought it was something like that as I read a similar suggestion on another forum. However, the Comcast tech set up our router and I don't know how to access the router info to change the firewall settings. Any help with how to get into that info? The book that came with it seems to have vanished.

Collapse -
I use google for that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2012 2:32 AM PST
In reply to: Router firewall?

But if you don't have the pasword to get into the router then you have choices to make.

That is, if you don't know what router you have, I can't google to see if there is a manual. We know that if there is a password we can try the default but if that fails, you get the Comcast tech back in there or dive in and learn how to reset it and set it up yourself.

Many folk don't want to do that and have to call in support.

Collapse -
Sony Support USA
by SonyListens / December 14, 2012 1:43 AM PST

Good afternoon!

I am sorry that you are having difficulties connecting your Blu-ray player to your network. Even though you have already tried using Sony's live chat tech service, may I suggest that you also try calling Sony's Blu-ray support line at 239-768-7547. They will be able to help troubleshoot your Blu-ray player with you and hopefully help get it connected to your network.

Thank you,
Kevin Krause
Sony Support USA

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.