Samsung forum

General discussion

New Samsung LN32A550 tv guide from cable box problem

by frozennorth1 / December 29, 2008 9:59 AM PST

I love the pic on my new Samsung LN32A550 but the sound is so tinny and after swapping out the remote to my cable box, replacing batteries to the remote, it still somehow takes a good 10 mins before I can pull up the tv guide from the cable box on the tv. Worked fine before I got the new tv - so I'm speechless. Why would it take that long to "warm up"? Even when I do get the guide screen up, I can't select a specific channel until another few mins...anyone else experience this? I phoned my cable company, and they reset everything from their end, but can't see it being their issue. If no resolution from Samsung I think I'll have to return it Sad

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New Samsung LN32A550 tv guide from cable box problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New Samsung LN32A550 tv guide from cable box problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
New Samsung LN46A750 tv guide from cable box problem
by joelj164 / December 30, 2008 3:39 AM PST

Just purchased a new 46" Samsung A750. Beautiful picture. I use Cablevision as my cable company. After hooking everything up, I am also having a problem connecting to the cable guide. I tested the box with an older tv and had no problem.Can you help?

Collapse -
Coding issue?
by frozennorth1 / December 30, 2008 3:50 AM PST

I spoke with a very helpful guy from a Samsung authorized dealer today...he said it's likely that the tv is so new that the coding for the remote isn't updated yet. I've tried every code in the universal remote book that supposedly matches Samsung for tv's and while certain functions work (powers on/off, volume control, etc) I still can't pull up the guide or change the channel until about 10 mins have elapsed. I've asked my cable company if there are updated codes and when i hear back, i'll post. Interesting to note too, that I hooked up 2 older tv's and without having to re-program the universal remote, the guide on the cable box popped up instantaneously.

Collapse -
I'll take a stab here...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 1, 2009 1:55 AM PST
In reply to: Coding issue?

I'm guessing that there are frequencies that the television is emitting that may overlap or cancel out the frequency for the remote control.

The coding might not be the issue. If it was, it wouldn't work at all. In this case, it seems to be time elapsing that causes it to finally work. The television may be emitting the frequency until the set properly warms up.

While this isn't an acceptable explanation for you to just accept the issue, it may be a simple box/tv incompatibility.

That's my initial guess.

--HDTech

Collapse -
(NT) tv channels slow to turn oget change from channel to channel
by Larry Kraft / January 18, 2009 8:17 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.