Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

LG

General discussion

New LG VX5600 - Want to download pictures.

by Gary727 / May 16, 2010 3:22 AM PDT

I have had a VX5200, VX5400 and now VX5600. I have used a software package called BitPim to down load pictures from phone in the past. For some reason BitPim will not recognize the 5600. When the vx5600 is plugged into the computer it is recognized, drivers are found, but if you go to My Computer a new device G, H, I etc has not been assigned. Port is active and Modem is OK. I know I can e-mail photos but I was hoping for an easier way to download with software.
Thanks,
Gary

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New LG VX5600 - Want to download pictures.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New LG VX5600 - Want to download pictures.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
LG vs5600 Pic Download
by paulandkylie / December 13, 2010 9:24 PM PST

Hi Gary,
I just succeeded in downloading my pics by manually setting BitPim's phone type to LG-VX9100.
In BitPim, look under Tour under the Help dropdown at the top...in Tour, click through until you arrive at "What do I do first?". Follow the directions to manually set the phone to the LG vx9100. After doing this, I initially couldn't get this to work until I checked the box "Auto Detect at Startup /Detect phone at BitPim Startup". After checking that box, it worked right away.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any difficulties.

Hope this helps, Paul

Collapse -
did not work for me
by e5jlp / June 23, 2012 5:04 AM PDT
In reply to: LG vs5600 Pic Download

I successfully downloaded BitPim for downloading pictures from my Verizon LG Accolade VX5600. I manually set the phone to LG vx9100 and checked Auto Detect at Startup/Detect phone at BitPim Startup. I heard a computer blip telling me it recognized a device, but nothing shows in my Explorer regarding a new drive. I have a shortcut for BitPim and that is it.

How do I download pictures from BitPim after I click the shortcut? I have Windows 7, Dell Inspiron.

Collapse -
no dice
by rolandkk / June 23, 2012 1:43 PM PDT
In reply to: LG vs5600 Pic Download

bitpim didnt work for me and my LGvx5600

Collapse -
Used LG-VX8800 and it worked
by KonzaQuapaw / August 21, 2013 3:29 PM PDT
In reply to: no dice

Got all photos from my LG-VX5600 (Accolade), thanks in part to the help given here.
1. Got BitPim
2. in settings chose the LG-VX8800 (after trying others noted above)
3. in Get Phone Data, chose Wallpaper
4. during process, noted path for images was brew\mod\10888 -- fyi, if you go to filesystem you can see the list of images, but you can't select all and save to your computer like you can after the Get Phone Data process
5. clicked Images icon, selected all files
6. Went to menu File > Export > Media to Folder .... & that's it

Tried Calendar, SMS, etc., but resulted in Exception. Was mainly interested in photos.

Collapse -
added direction
by trickyduck14 / February 21, 2014 5:44 AM PST

on #5 click media then images

Worked great!!

Collapse -
MY Son's Phone
by ShawnHugh / December 15, 2014 3:54 PM PST

My son was heartbroken when he found out that the Accolade couldn't connect to the internet we have pictures of the Aerospace Museum, Disneyland and Buffalo up close and personal... so I did some digging and came across your post.... THANK YOU!!! I followed your steps and have all 315 of my childs memories in my computer now... THANK YOU!!!!

Collapse -
App to download Pictures, etc from VX5600
by rolandkk / May 14, 2012 6:10 AM PDT
Laugh Today I just found a GREAT driver and app package that allows me to download and upload material from and to my LG VX5600. It is from Susteen and called Data Point 7. It really works. You get 7 free days (with watermark) and then it is only 19.95 thereafter. Can not go wrong. Got it thru CNET
Collapse -
(NT) Since BitPim is free, why pay?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 14, 2012 6:12 AM PDT
Collapse -
DataPilot 7
by rolandkk / June 23, 2012 10:09 AM PDT

Try DataPilot 7, it worked for me and only has a 7 day trial period

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.