Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

HP

General discussion

NEW, HP Print Diagnostic Utility

by Willy / October 27, 2009 9:44 PM PDT

I found this during a look for other problem(s). Since it was released on Sept/2009 its fairly new. Also, used for the infamous print queue stoppage problem. That problem is fairly common to USB HP printers and the utility can help resolve this and/or be part of the solution process for other problems. When visiting the HP support website for your model#, find the "Software and Driver" section, locate utility heading and d/l.

ie: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=sg&product=3382185&lang=en

The utility is available for most of the HP printers. Enjoy -----Willy Happy

IMHO, Moderator consider this post for a "sticky"?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: NEW, HP Print Diagnostic Utility
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: NEW, HP Print Diagnostic Utility
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sitcky it is.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 10, 2009 10:46 PM PST

Let's see if Cnet members report back if this helped them.

Collapse -
Expanded capability
by hankjeff / December 10, 2009 1:30 AM PST

12/10/09
Under Rel 1.1, the Utility ONLY worked on inkjet printers (example Officejet J4580 A-i-O) - the new release [1.5] now works on other HP printers connected via USB (example Laserjet 1320). [Windows XP Pro environment]

General comment - please, moderators and repliers alike - ALWAYS put a date on your comments. When someone reads them, it is important to know whether the information is current, relatively current, or downright obsolete. I have wasted many hours following someone's advice only to find out that the information is about a product no longer in existence or has it been renamed or the supplier has quit providing the product. Thank you.

Collapse -
Willy's discovery of HP Printer solution
by danderson029 / January 17, 2010 9:26 AM PST

Thanks for the link, Willy.
I'm a newbie tech (spelled, there's nobody else here to do it, so I'm stumbling along), and working on/with 2 laptops and a cheap netbook. I do have an OfficeJetJ6480, and your link helped with the Acer Netbook.
HP and Compaq laptops, however, print any document endlessly. All settings say 1 page, and so does the print queue - until I click - then the Page column in print queue jumps to 3x/pages, but actually prints forever and ever. I've uninstalled/re-installed, from disc and from online. Same result on both machines.
I've not seen this reported anywhere.
At least I can print from the Netbook, so that's its function right now. Suggestions welcome.
Fraidicat2
01.17.2010 5:25 PM PST

Collapse -
HP Deskjet 5150
by RAKerans / June 7, 2010 10:25 PM PDT

My Win 7 64bit loses my printer at random times. I tried the Print Diagnostic Utility and it found no problems. AKerans

Collapse -
Here's the updated link to your Photosmart C7250 AiO Printer
by LucJPatenaude / June 27, 2010 6:53 PM PDT
Collapse -
HP Diagnostic Utilities
by Kent_G / March 23, 2011 8:21 AM PDT

Hello,

The latest release of the HP Print Diagnostic Utility can always be easily found using this link: http://www.hp.com/go/tools

Information and links to other HP Diagnostic Utilities that are useful for troubleshooting network and scan issues can also be found at the above link.

MODERATOR: Please consider making this post sticky...

thanks!

Kent G.

Although I am employed by HP, my comments and opinions are my own and not those of my employer.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.