HP forum

Rant

New EliteBook Revolves Not shipping

by BThinnes / April 9, 2013 8:50 AM PDT

Any one who is interested in the long anticipated EliteBook Revolve should really think twice. They are back ordered from the factory and have been from it appears from the launch!! Why they launched them is a question that goes unanswered! The latest promise is a May ship date. This is ridiculous. How can they expect customers to understand such poor performance. They could not have been ready on launch date but they still launched a new product that has been lauded since last October perhaps even earlier. They built up a lot of anticipation but then they are not capable of shipping product at the launch date. HP is no longer the great company they were. They are perhaps a candidate for worst company of the year to perhaps displace EA. IMO

Just beware you may be waiting for a long time. There are other alternatives out there. The 1366 x 768 may not be the biggest drawback for this computer. The fact that it is offered by HP may BE!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New EliteBook Revolves Not shipping
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New EliteBook Revolves Not shipping
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
My question is simple.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2013 9:12 AM PDT

Why not shop for units that are shipping?

Collapse -
Simple answer -
by BThinnes / April 9, 2013 10:53 AM PDT
In reply to: My question is simple.

They were shipping so they said. They were launched for sale on 3-1. I ordered on 3-4. My order was entered on 3-5. Since then it has been nothing but empty promises and apologies for not fulfilling their promises and meeting their commitments.

I have received three revised shipping promises. Each is then delayed further a few days before the promised day to ship. Originally my order was suppose to ship 3-15 then 3-20 then 4-15 now 5-9. Who knows when this will end. I suppose when I cancel the order.

Collapse -
So not in stock?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2013 3:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Simple answer -

I am left to guess it must have shipped, sold out and you want yours. Next time why not get it from a store?

Collapse -
Simply sold out is doubtful
by BThinnes / April 10, 2013 4:14 AM PDT
In reply to: So not in stock?

I ordered the highest end available on the second day available. If they sold out that fast then they did a dreadful job of planning. This is a global company with substantial experience in marketing. If they missed that bad then they should be ashamed.

Also if they just sold out then why have they been unable to ship to a schedule since. They have missed there promise three times. Why would that be if not for something else going on? This is just plane poor performance by a company in decline. They appear to be so cost focused that they are letting customer service suffer. Check out all of the other threads dealing with the failure of their technical support to meet customer needs and expectations. HP is not what HP use to be I am sorry to say.

BTW I do not have a computer store any where near me that would carry high end units. I am forced to buy on line. One would think that you should be able to get better service direct not worse.

Collapse -
Then it was never in stock?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2013 4:21 AM PDT

I have a story about my last HP. They failed to repair it in warranty at just 2 months old. After 6 more months of a dead laptop I've written the laptop off and share the story.

You may want to move on.
Bob

Collapse -
I am moving on But...
by BThinnes / April 10, 2013 6:21 AM PDT

I am. But I am also going to share my tale far and wide so others can perhaps benefit from my experience.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.