Speakeasy forum

General discussion

New CIA Director to be a Muslim?

by James Denison / February 11, 2013 2:02 AM PST
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: New CIA Director to be a Muslim?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: New CIA Director to be a Muslim?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
New CIA Director WAS a Muslim?
by JP Bill / February 11, 2013 2:10 AM PST

New CIA Director CONVERT FROM Muslim?

Collapse -
Fredom of Religion
by JP Bill / February 11, 2013 2:12 AM PST

There's an Amendment for that?

Collapse -
you believe
by Roger NC / February 11, 2013 7:58 AM PST

Walid Shoebat
. . . Former Muslim Brotherhood Member Now Peace Activist

figured you to be once a mulsim always a fanatic type of guy.

Collapse -
Let me get this straight. Brennan, a CIA station chief in
by Ziks511 / February 12, 2013 3:21 AM PST

Saudi Arabia, and thus one of the most closely scrutinized US citizens there, by his own CIA, noless, if only for his own safety, converted secretly to Islam? And you trust sources like Shoebat (if that is his real name) and Guandolo?

James, your wig's too tight, you're overheating, you've lost the plot. Your unrestrained hatred for Obama has pushed you off the raft of Reason into the Ocean of Madness. Logic, plausibility, everything that makes sense of the world is just lost on you, isn't it?

And even were this true, what's wrong with his religious choice? Or do you want to repeal the First Amedment along with all the others except for the Second. No freedom from unlawful seach and seizure if the person is a suspected Muslim, No freedom from self-incrimination, no freedom from cruel and unusual punishment or from torture. (Oh, that's right, you signed on to the torture thing along with Bush.)

Quos vult perdere dementat prius. Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad.

Rob

Collapse -
" James, your wig's too tight, you're overheating,"
by James Denison / February 12, 2013 3:27 AM PST
"James, your wig's too tight, you're overheating, you've lost the plot. Your unrestrained hatred for Obama has pushed you off the raft of Reason into the Ocean of Madness. Logic, plausibility, everything that makes sense of the world is just lost on you, isn't it?"

I post a link to a news story and you go off into some wild eyed rant? Check the date on your meds, something must have expired.
Collapse -
It is not a "news story"
by Josh K / February 12, 2013 3:45 AM PST

It's some conspiracy nut's web page.

I'm betting you knew that though, and this is just more trolling.

Collapse -
I don't know if
by James Denison / February 12, 2013 3:50 AM PST

it's true or not, therefore the question. Saw it in washington post too, and some other sites. Even a "Rosenthal" at "Jewish Press" is going on about it.

"there is the phenomenon of the 'Arabist' — the Westerner who studies
Arabic and is so taken by the culture that he adopts the Arab worldview
and politics. T. E. Lawrence is probably the most well-known, but contemporary examples abound (for example, the academic Juan Cole).
If you believe that the phenomenon of Islamic terrorism is related
to specific grievances held by 'extremists' who are exploiting the
essentially peaceful religion of Islam for their purposes, then possibly
having a CIA director who is an Arabist is not a problem.
But on the other hand, if you believe that we are experiencing the
beginnings of a true civilizational conflict between Islam and the West,
then it could be a big problem indeed."

Collapse -
Yeah, sure
by Josh K / February 12, 2013 3:53 AM PST
In reply to: I don't know if

And your Jewish Press link does not claim or suggest that he converted to Islam.

Collapse -
(NT) Current practice might suggest the word "Whatever!"
by Ziks511 / February 12, 2013 4:32 AM PST
In reply to: Yeah, sure
Collapse -
The good old dependable ?
by JP Bill / February 12, 2013 4:13 AM PST
In reply to: I don't know if

James you're an ?

Not saying you are...just asking a question.

Collapse -
What you posted James was another anti-Obama, religion-based
by Ziks511 / February 12, 2013 4:30 AM PST

red herring from an extremely dubious source. The WaPo may have reported the allegation by the blogger. had been made That doesn't mean the WaPo has signed on to the theory/fabrication, it means it is reporting an unfounded allegation having been made. There is no evidence, there is only "He said the other guy said."

Do you understand hearsay? You know, the kind of "evidence" which is not allowed in court?

An Allegation is an unsubstatiated statement about someone or something, equvalent to a rumour.

If anyone needs meds, James, it's you. I merely suffer from asthma, reactive depression (meaning the issue I'm reacting to is known to be real), not insanity.

And if you're throwing around accusations like that, I think we're entitled to know what meds you are on. Some medications have serious psychological side-effects that may account for your straying from the point of issues or misinterpreting them so regularly. I'm not suggesting, I'm just saying where there's smoke (or steam) you may be overheating.

I hope you enjoyed the 30's hipster jargon "your wig's to tight" as in, "He's wigged out." Might as well make this entertaining.

Rob

Collapse -
(NT) No. The answer to your question.
by JP Bill / February 12, 2013 4:15 AM PST
Collapse -
You didn't play the video did you?
by James Denison / February 12, 2013 4:18 AM PST

Sounds like he says he is Muslim.

Collapse -
RE: Sounds like he says
by JP Bill / February 12, 2013 4:23 AM PST

That's "close enough"?

And so what IF he did?

There's an app/Amendment for that.

Collapse -
(NT) and that is....?
by James Denison / February 12, 2013 4:30 AM PST
Collapse -
When he can tell you which religion to follow
by JP Bill / February 12, 2013 5:09 AM PST
In reply to: and that is....?

You can tell him....

Collapse -
One can follow many different
by James Denison / February 12, 2013 5:14 AM PST

philosophies in life, some of those are called religion, but that doesn't mean those which are a threat to a nation should be tolerated. In the past it was communism we rejected as a nation. In the future it may be Islam we should reject as a nation. We worked to bring about the fall of communism. Maybe time will come to do the same for Islam.

Collapse -
Good Night Gracie, I'll be back in a few hours
by JP Bill / February 12, 2013 5:17 AM PST

to carry on our routine.

Collapse -
I'd be cautious about that wording
by Steven Haninger / February 12, 2013 5:34 AM PST

Communism failed as an economic system and for it's lack of desired human rights. Though intolerance of religion was a component of Communism, the system wasn't without ethical teachings. Islam turns Communism upside down and establishes a set of very punitive standards but has, as far as I can find, no economic structure. It was the economic component of Communism that was the most vulnerable. Capitalism offered something to the people that they wanted which Communism did not. We can't do that with religion quite so easily as we are not that united in that regard.

Collapse -
Communism and Islam share two things
by Josh K / February 12, 2013 5:34 AM PST

Both are legal and both are Constitutionally protected, whether James Denison likes it or not.

Since the real theme of this thread is religious bigotry, I will now bow out.

Collapse -
I don't think it would be that difficult to get you
by Steven Haninger / February 12, 2013 5:37 AM PST

to bow back in. Devil

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.