Samsung forum

General discussion

Network error when trying to connect to Netflix or Pandora

by Jban1950 / December 3, 2010 8:23 AM PST

I have set up a wired LAN connection from my Samsung TV to a linksys e3000. I can connect to the internet using internet through the TV using internet TV adn connect to Yahoo widgets.

When I use the attached Samsung Blu-Ray BD-p1600 to connect to Netflix, I receive a network error, not connected to the internet. I have the player attached with HDMI cable. I even connected the player directly to the router with an ethernet cable.

I thought maybe the ISP was blocking but it plays on the PC attached to the same router.

Any suggestions?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Network error when trying to connect to Netflix or Pandora
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Network error when trying to connect to Netflix or Pandora
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Network error
by doowopfox / December 4, 2010 12:08 AM PST

I,too, had trouble connecting to Netflix with a new Samsung tv. All other apps seemed to connect with no problems. I was simply trying to get my activation code, for the first time, but could not connect. After much searching, I found out that Netflix requires the date and time to be entered correctly in your device. I had my tv set to "auto" to retrieve the date and time, but when I looked, there was NO date or time entered! I entered it manually, and then connected right away!

Collapse -
by Jban1950 / December 4, 2010 1:56 AM PST
In reply to: Network error

Thanks for th reply.

I connected the player to the internet direct and restarted it. It updated firmware twice and it is working ow. I had bought the player several months ago but had not used it for the internet. Just getting around to reconnecting.

Collapse -
by rocky961 / December 10, 2011 10:59 AM PST
In reply to: Network error

I've been working on this ALL day - port forwarding, firmware upgrading, etc. And all I had to do was set my time zone correctly. I can't believe it was this easy of a fix, thank you so much for the post!!!!

Collapse -
Possible Solution: "not connected to the internet"

In my experience with a BD-C5500 samsung player.
- Suddenly Netflix didn't work.
- All other apps on the blu-ray player work
- PC could connect to and stream netflix.Netflix app would give message "not connected to internet".

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.