Samsung forum

Question

Netflix wont load on my Samsung Blue Ray anymorre}fix

by tomscn / October 22, 2011 4:44 AM PDT
Hi, Since last Sunday morning my Neflix will not load on my Samsung blue ray but you tube will plus others. Anyone know what the story is on this? I upgraded and looked into the samsung, verizon modem and netflix, it is definitely netflix not loading there server. but i cannot get an honest answer out of them, someone said they may be having trouble with the people at samsung. but i dont know, any idea's and is anyone else having this trouble? Thanks
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Netflix wont load on my Samsung Blue Ray anymorre}fix
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Netflix wont load on my Samsung Blue Ray anymorre}fix
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Why it's so tough to get answers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 22, 2011 5:23 AM PDT

Samsung does not author, write or support service issues with Netflix. It's all Netflix's doings, code as well as up to whoever runs your network and also your internet connection provider.

You have a great question. Is it about time that an integrated support service be offered for these things?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Netflix wont load on my Samsung Blue Ray anymorre}fix
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 22, 2011 4:07 PM PDT

<a href="http://www.cnet.com/profile/tomscn/"><font color="#2964bf">tomscn</font></a>,

Collapse -
Neflix wont load all the way on samsung dvd player
by tomscn / October 23, 2011 1:17 AM PDT

Hi, Thanks but its been done a number of times, it is netflix's server for some reason only known to them it will not fully load and then play

Collapse -
Neflix wont load all the way on samsung dvd player
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 24, 2011 8:56 AM PDT

tomscn,

Collapse -
Netflix Wont Load On Samsung Player
by tomscn / October 24, 2011 10:14 AM PDT

Thanks, No, I looked into the firewall also, thats not the problem, and Yes everything loads
and plays except netflix.

Collapse -
Netflix Wont Load On Samsung Player
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 25, 2011 10:31 AM PDT

tomscn,

Collapse -
Netflix wont load on Samsung Blue ray Anymore
by tomscn / October 25, 2011 10:24 PM PDT

You said>>> It may need to be serviced then<<< Samsung is telling me since You tube and others work on the same player, then its Netflix's server, but Netflix says the connection server from Samsung may need its speed checked to see if samsung is connecting to neflix with the proper speed.
Dont know if this helps, but my problem began right after samsung did a 10-17-11 two day maintenance, I was using netfix with no problems but when I had to stop using netflix for the two days (a message from samsung told me this on a pop up) and came back to it, it did not work from then on!

Collapse -
Netflix wont load on Samsung Blue ray Anymore
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 28, 2011 3:46 AM PDT

tomscn -

Collapse -
Netflix Wont Load Onto Samsung Anymore?
by tomscn / October 29, 2011 12:20 AM PDT

I have done all of the above a number of times and Netflix is now telling me the Samsung player mother board maybe corrupt and in need of fixing, but I dont see how it is corrupted just with netflix or how it can be fixed just for netflix? Everythingk else works fine. Can it be serviced, its only 5 or 6 months old!

Collapse -
That's a warranty issue.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 29, 2011 12:22 AM PDT

Just call it in.

Kees

Collapse -
My tv has same issue
by jbk99999 / October 29, 2011 4:37 AM PDT

It is clearly not your motherboard. Same exact thing after the Samsung upgrade. I am still looking for a fix

Collapse -
Netflix Wont load
by tomscn / October 29, 2011 7:10 AM PDT
In reply to: My tv has same issue

Ok, I was told after long discussions that the Netflix got corrupted when samsung did there two day maintenance, so I am sending the player back to Samsung on Monday to repair it, hopefully this will fix it, We did everything else, will let you guys know
Guy with the same problem send it back for repair thats all that is left to try!!!!!

Collapse -
Netflix Wont load
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 31, 2011 10:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Netflix Wont load

tomscn -

Collapse -
Netflix Wont Load On Samsung Anymore
by tomscn / November 1, 2011 2:31 AM PDT

I know, samsung at first said they were not aware of a Maintenance, but now admits it, It was defintely samsung who came up with a message on my player, notifying me I would not be able to use the player for two days and when It was playable again my Netflix would no longer load all the way or play.
I have a BD-D5700Z/A, I dont know what the other guy with this same problem as on this thread!

Collapse -
Netflix Wont load
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 2, 2011 7:08 AM PDT

tomscn -

Collapse -
any fix?
by lou-lou2 / November 15, 2011 8:44 PM PST
In reply to: My tv has same issue

Were you able to fix this problem? having same issue after update.

Collapse -
Answer
Samsung Firmware Upgrade on 2010 and 2011 Samsung Smart and
by clouds_N_waves / November 10, 2011 12:29 PM PST

The problem is not with Netflix. Samsung created a firmware upgrade for their blurays and smart TV's that presents the Netflix datastream in a different format seen visually on the TV's. You lost functionality with this upgrade, (which should never happen). After countless discussions with Netflix and Samsung tech support, I was assured that the same functionality exists, it just isn't as user friendly. My point to Samsung was that any upgrade should never cause a customer a decrease in functionality, even if it's with an application. It appears Samsung never performed a solid QA on this firmware release, with respect to the Netflix application. I personally own four different brands of TV in my house, and have eliminated Netflix as the issue. When firmware causes you to see only parts of an icon and you are required to read text on the right hand of the screen and then access icons on the left side, you know American standards are not in place. I'm beginning to wonder if there is some issue between Netflix and Samsung..... say perhaps an future pending investment by Samsung in a rival of Neflix??????

Collapse -
Solved Netflix wont Load Anymore on My Samsung DVD Player
by tomscn / November 10, 2011 9:53 PM PST

You are one hundred percent correct, It has nothing to do with Netflix it was Samsungs Maintenance Upgrade that corrupted Netflix. I sent the machine in for repair and Samsung had it fixed immediately and sent it back within 3 days and now it works just fine!
I just hope they dont have another upgrade that will do the same thing again, especially if my warranty has run out???

Collapse -
Answer
Firmware Update
by limaechogolf / November 19, 2011 3:31 AM PST

The firmware update dated 11-4-11 is when i started having problems with Samsung Bd-d5700 streaming Netflix i have been on the phone for 2 weeks now with samsung and netflix even called my internet provider today to make sure it wasnt a lost packet isssue...

My conclusion is that Samsung was paid off by Hulu or Vudu to screw up Netflix in a firmware update to get people to try out the Hulu and sign up for a free week trial in order to get 1/2 those people to forget and end up paying the 7.99.

Or even just to get them to try something else... If you are a Coke drinker how does Pepsi get you try Pepsi?

Maybe Im paranoid but I have had the Bd-D5700 since March and have run it on the upper level of a quad level house with the router and everything in the basement without complaint until 2 weeks ago...

FIRMWARE CONSPIRACY!

Collapse -
Samsung Firware Upgrade causing problems with Netflix
by clouds_N_waves / November 19, 2011 9:01 AM PST
In reply to: Firmware Update

I would be surprised if the American based executives of Samsung, who probably have Samsung products in their homes, haven't complained about the loss of functionaly when displaying Netflix menus after the recent firmware upgrade.

However, Samsung isn't an American company, and the American executives that experience these problems would be wise not to complain too loudly. If Samsung admitted they made a mistake with the firmware upgrade, they would be "losing face".

Samsung probably didn't send the crippled firmware upgrade that screws up the Netflix display menus, on purpose. What I can't understand is why Samsung hasn't admitted they sent crippled firmware, and fix the issue.

Then again... maybe you are correct to believe Samsung has something to gain by crippling the Netflix app with their firmware "upgrade". (A lot more obvious things happen all the time).

Collapse -
Samsung Firware Upgrade causing problems with Netflix
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 21, 2011 4:21 AM PST

clouds_N_waves,

Collapse -
Another Samsung Firmware upgrade? Netflix will not load!
by mxfamof5 / November 23, 2012 3:27 PM PST

Where can I send my Samsung BluRay player for service?

Collapse -
Re: Another Samsung Firmware upgrade? Netflix will not load!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 26, 2012 4:49 AM PST
Collapse -
Bye bye Samsung!
by lou-lou2 / November 19, 2011 1:28 PM PST
In reply to: Firmware Update

I would have to agree. Samsung is claiming total ignorance on the netflix screw up. No problems here either for months until the 1019 firmware update which I took in late October but is listed as Nov.5th on their site. (BD-D5300)

The emails I receive are just copy and paste replies from support staff. Router, Netflix...the best so far is that they said if all the other apps on the machine work, then is must be netflix. This is after I explained that my Xbox, Wii and any other device is my home is working quite fine with Netflix. I even pointed them to this thread!!

My unit will be going back and Samsung has seen the last of me as a Blu Ray customer or any other device of theirs that takes updates.

Collapse -
Sorry to read this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2011 1:47 PM PST
In reply to: Bye bye Samsung!

Since Netflix writes that app, the support should be hard to get. That is you have your stuff, Samsung and Netflix.

I agree that some day we may see more convergence of support. Today we expect the stuff to be good and the owners to be IT gurus.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.