Thanks for your response. Here is what happened and what all i tried:
1. I took the delivery and Powered On the TV. It installed the Smart Hub and other apps that came along with it (Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora, ...)
2. I connected the router to my TV with the LAN cable.
3. Internet connection is ok as per the test run on the TV. I was able to browse and watch videos on the browser without any problem. I was able to watch youtube.
4. I downloaded a app called frequency and was able to watch videos.
5. Then I tried running the netflix app that came with smarthub. and it shows the error message:
"Unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again or visit:
www.netflix.com/tvhelp" I tried everything over there and was not able to resolve the problem.
6. Chatted with samsung tech support, downloaded latest firmware and repeated steps 1 to 5 with the same results.
7. Called up netflix support and they asked me to have Samsung delete and install the app again.
8. When I called samsung, they said they couldnt do it and maybe the netflix app is not getting connected because i have a slow internet. ( I have a 6 Mbps connection. ) I also have a sony blu ray DVD player on which i am able to get netflix to run. So why should TV which is a new model have the problem?
9. I have tried this procedure in different configurations with the same result (directly connecting modem to TV, connecting mode to TV through router, connecting over wireless)
So in short, From the smart hub, I am able to browse, use utube, download apps watch videos using those apps. But am facing the described issue with Netflix.
Also when I try to play anything using Pandora app the error message I get is "Please check your network connection."
Some details about Netflix and TV Software version etc.
Netflix Version: 3.1.3
UI Build: Release-45
Device software version: T-MST10PAUSC-1024.0/3.1.3-release-907 160
Last Error: Unable to connect to Netflix. Please try again or visit:
When I try to follow the direction on the link I dont find the deactivate button where it is expected.
Model Code: UN55ES7100
Software Version T-MST10PAUSC-1024.0, BT-G
Serial number Z5HP3CAC503541V