Samsung forum

General discussion

Netflix "not connected to the internet" message

by jonfuller129 / April 4, 2011 9:32 AM PDT

I have read alot of threads regarding the Netflix "not connected to the internet" message when trying to use the app on samsung products. Note: All other internet apps are working fine. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Samsung support was useless but I eventually figured it out. Simple Solution; set the time/time zone on the device. Netflix requires a time to sync with its servers. Hope this helps some people in my situation!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Netflix "not connected to the internet" message
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Netflix "not connected to the internet" message
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thank you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 4, 2011 9:48 AM PDT

I've added this to the Cnet Networking forum sticky for Samsung owners with Attribute to Anonymous (that's what your user name shows today.

Collapse -
This did not fix my issue
by oleedog / April 13, 2011 4:04 PM PDT

I went in and set my date, time, and time zone on our brand new Samsung 48D6300 LED HDTV, however I still get this error message when trying to connect to the Netflix app. All other apps work. Any other ideas?

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 13, 2011 4:11 PM PDT

Netflix is a bag of hurt as they control that app and it seems to be overloaded servers at times.

But beyond what's in the Cnet Networking forum I need to add this and placing the HDTV/BR/BD player into the DMZ of the router.

Collapse -
netflix not connected to the internet Samsung TV
by badSamsung / April 18, 2011 10:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Remember

I do have the same issue with an UN55D6050....All applications work and connect to the internet. Samsung support is useless...I have tried several things and nothing work. (firewall open, DMZ, opening ports 80 and 443)...

Any other suggestions????????

I am ready to return this TV if Netflx does not work,..

Collapse -
As to the networking.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 18, 2011 1:59 PM PDT

No maker is assisting too much on networking. Besides what country (it matters!) I can't tell if you did all the tricks noted in the Cnet Networking Forum.

For example, OpenDNS.

And again, the App is written and maintained by Netflix. If they don't fix it, you may encounter it again on other devices. Go figure how this mess will play out.

Collapse -
(NT) Thx.I am in the US. what is the link for networking forum
by badSamsung / April 19, 2011 1:48 AM PDT
In reply to: As to the networking.
Collapse -
To the left,
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 19, 2011 3:36 AM PDT
Collapse -
Worked for me!
by samSong999 / September 14, 2015 8:40 PM PDT

Wow, who'd have guessed? Netflix app worked great until last night, but then this morning I got a pfishing email asking me to fix my bank info. I immediately changed my Netflix password (from my laptop) and instructed Netflix to require all devices to log in again. When I got home, the Netflix app on the TV was saying I had no internet access, but my network setup on the TV said I did (wired). Anyhow, sure enough, time was not set on my TV. Netflix is now working great again. Is it possible that resetting the Netflix account also reset time on the TV?

Samsung LN46C650L1FXZA

Collapse -
Thanks for this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 16, 2015 5:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Worked for me!

The date/time issue repeats itself. Wish Samsung and Netflix would pressure the coders to fix that and save us all time.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.