I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this may have given you. But just so you know, if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for COUNTRY. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung COUNTRY portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/led-tv/UE40ES5500KXXU
You have tried everything I would have suggested myself, but perhaps, the support in UK may have some idea.
Hope this helps you!
-- HD Tech
Bought yesterday, connected up using wired ethernet connection, started Netflix - "cannot connect you to netflix at this time". All other applications are working just fine, including access to Netflix using the Web Browser and plenty of other sites besides.
Have since tried the following:
1. Set static IP address and DNS servers to be googles (126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52).
2. Set clock to both manual then auto and also made sure the timezone are all correct
3. Reset both the TV and the SmartHub
4. Updated the firmware on the TV to the latest (1021.0 from 1015.5)
5. Uninstalled and re-installed the Netflix app.
Still I get the error message. Help !